Launch Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Launch Error

I have downloaded and installed the latest release of Ninja Trader 7, version 7.0.1000.1. I'm upgrading from a prior release of Ninja Trader 7.

When i try to start Ninja Trader it reports an Error at the splash screen.

It tells me it has to shut down, a trace file has been written and about restarting and sending an email with the trace file.

However, i can't restart Ninja. Every time i try to restart, I get the same error.

What can I do?

Regards,
    taddypole...

I can't say what your problem is but with much help from Matthew in online support, I think I've solved it in my case.

I was using a wireless connection to my router. When I switched to an ethernet cable, the problem (knock on wood) has disappeared.

If this isn't your problem, I'll let the experts take over.

strider
    NC

Originally posted by Taddypole View Post
    I have downloaded and installed the latest release of Ninja Trader 7, version 7.0.1000.1. I'm upgrading from a prior release of Ninja Trader 7.

When i try to start Ninja Trader it reports an Error at the splash screen.

It tells me it has to shut down, a trace file has been written and about restarting and sending an email with the trace file.

However, i can't restart Ninja. Every time i try to restart, I get the same error.

What can I do?

Regards,
    taddypole...

Comment

OK... found the trace file and opened it up...

Found the cause of the Error message. It appears I'm having problems loading an assembly noted as follows:

"Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data.SqlServerCe, Version=3.5.1.0"

Not sure what this assembly is used for and why updating to the latest release causes this problem.
      Note: i was updating from Ver 7 release 7.0.0.15

Anyone else run into this problem?

Thanks,
      taddypole...

Comment

Hello

Thank you for your post.

Did you uninstall version 15 prior to installing NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.1 ?
        ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Same thing just happened to me. I had a previous NT 7 version on my x64 bit OS7 ultimate. What should I do. Can't reopen to send trace file.

Comment

Hello CRCatNinja

Thank you for your post.

So that I can see what might be taking place in the background, please send us your log & trace files for today.

It is not necessary to open the NinjaTrader platform to access the Trace files. You can find these in your (My) Documents folder at the file path:
            1. NinjaTrader 7 > Trace > trace.YYYYMMDD.txt
            2. NinjaTrader 7 > Log > log.YYYYMMDD.txt

Just attach these text (.txt) files to your email and send it to support AT ninjatrader DOT com.

Make sure to include a reference to this forum thread.

Thank you,

Comment

No.. i did not uninstall ver 15 prior to updating.

Is this important?

I'm also using Win 7 Ult 64 bit

Comment

You will need to perform a complete uninstall of NinjaTrader 7 and then re-download & install.

Please follow the steps listed below to completely uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader:
                1. Close all running applications.
                2. Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs.
                3. From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 7 and click Remove.
                4. Then manually delete the folder "NinjaTrader 7" located under Start --> My Documents.
                5. Delete any NinjaTrader installation files. This can be done by going to Start --> My Computer --> Search button --> search for (NinjaTrader*) --> select Local C Disk and then press search.
                6. Then you will need to clear your internet browser cache and history. You will clear this from within your internet browser (with IE, Tools-->Options, delete cookies and files, clear history).
                7. Reboot your machine.
                8. Once these steps are completed, download NinjaTrader 7 from the link below:

Please let me know if this does not resolve the issue.

Comment

Hi Chip,

I followed your instructions and this time I noticed under the minimum requirements the following:

"Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 (pre-installed on most PC’s or downloaded here)"

I hadn't installed this before and I guess that's what was missing.

It works now.

Thanks,
                  taddypole...

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
                  10 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                  Started by DayTradingDEMON, Today, 09:28 AM