Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multi broker

Dear all

With the multi broker version of NT can i use 2 brokers data feed at 1 time for example use AMP futures data trough zen-fire for the ES-future tick charts because Interactive Brokers does not provide tick data. And IB's data feed for stock minute charts?

Thank you

Kevin

Hello kevinb,

Thank you for your post.

Yes – you can do this since NinjaTrader supports multiple simultaneous connections to different connectivity providers and in some cases, to the same connectivity provider allowing you to:

• Connect to and trade through multiple brokers simultaneously
    • Connect to your broker and your data feed provider simultaneously

If you are establishing multiple connections that overlap in their provided market data services, the connection order you establish is critical. NinjaTrader will check for required market data services in the order your connections are established.

For example:
    Connection1 - Provides real-time market and historical data
    Connection2 - Provides only real-time market data

If you connect to Connection1 first and Connection2 second, when requesting market data NinjaTrader will request the data stream for both real-time and historical data from Connection1 even if you trade against Connection2.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Can I trade with multiple brokers simultaneously with same instrument?

Hi, I have a question.

I don't know how to stat a thread so I will post here.

Is it possible to run a same stragety on a same instrument over 4 brokers simultaneously from one NT multi broker license?

I understand that NT allows multiple connections, but it seems like NT will only recognize the price feed received from the first connection made.

I want to know this because I have many accounts with multiple brokers and would want to trade the same strategy with same instruments for all of them.

Would appreciate your advise.

Thank you.

Comment

Hello hana_maui,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

Yes, you can execute on multiple brokers at the same time.

It's true that NinjaTrader will only push prices from one data provider / broker at a time, but you can still execute on all connected brokers.

The main limitation is if the brokers use the same technology for prices/ execution. You will typically only be able to have one connection per API.

You can create a new thread by first choosing a category and then clicking the New Thread button.
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_RyanM1; 03-24-2011, 02:22 PM.
        Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Can I view price feed of multiple brokers on the same intstrument and trade as well?

Dear Mr. NinjaTrader_RyanM,

Thank you for your feedback.
          I think I need to make myself a little bit clear.

My strategy is using tick date on forex.
          So it has to be executed on the tick data of the particular broker to be traded at.

So when I run my strategy on Gain, I need to use the price feed of Gain
          I need to use price feed on IB when I trade with IB.

Is it possible to view price feeds of the same instrument say EURUSD for all forex brokers (Gain IB MBT PFG) and execute trade based on signal derived from their own price feed?
          I want to know if I can do this with one multi broker license.

Thank you for your assistance and I look forward to hearing from you.

Comment

Thank you for the clarification. No, it's not possible to view data from multiple connections for the same instrument. Since FOREX is not centralized, I can see how you would want to view data specific to the broker you're executing on. See this link for how NinjaTrader works with multiple connections.

If you need distinct data feeds for the same instrument type, then this requires multiple computers and a separate NinjaTrader license for each computer you're running.

Comment

Dear Mr. NinjaTrader_RyanM

Thank you for the clarification.
              I also understand that you cannot install multiple Ninja Trader on one computer thus requireing multiple computers as well.

I think I will first check with IB whether the strategy works, and if it does, I will be buying multiple license then.

Thank you very much for kind support.
              Have a great day.

Comment

Dear Mr. NinjaTrader_RyanM,

I have noticed that there's a DLL in Ninja Trader that you can use as well.

Would it be possible to connect to multiple brokers, receive quote for the same instrument say EURUSD from all brokers, and execute trade based on each broker's quote using the DLL solution?
                I'm wondering if this would be possible with one live license.

Or is it still not possible (meaning you can only receive quote for one single broker) because the DLL merely connects to the Ninja Trader application on my local machine and all connections to the brokers are done through Ninja Trader application?

As mentioned earlier, I will be trading forex and would require quote from the actual broker that I will be dealing with. And I'm wondering if there's any way to do this with one live license.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Comment

hana_maui, the dll connects to the NinjaTrader application, so you will receive the same exact data.
                  AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have to broker in the same time with diferents data feed (zenfire anda trading technologies) it will be possible to use multi broker version to work in the differents broker with the same startegys at the same time with only one click form charts. thanks

Comment

elgrajillo, are you asking if it is possible to use two brokers at the same time and choose which brokers to send your orders and such to?

Comment

Yes, im working with two brokers, but differents platform but id like to use only ninja trader to work with both, it that´s possible. I did the same trades in the two brokers .

Comment

elgrajillo, I am not sure if this is possible. I will have someone get back to you tomorrow with an answer.

Comment

ok, thanks

Comment

elgrajillo,

Yes, this is possible. The data is provided by only one connection at a time. You can connect and execute to multiple accounts with a multibroker license. It will require a separate strategy applied to each account, but you can use the same strategy multiple times.

See here for help running strategies from a chart. You have to set the enabled = true for both strategies so it wouldn't be exactly at the same time.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post chbruno
                              by chbruno

Started by josh18955, 03-25-2023, 11:16 AM