Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Analyzer - Save Instrument List

Feature request...

When I'm setting up the Market Analyzer, I load many instruments by adding an instrument list, and then delete the rows I'm not interested in.

Once I've trimmed the instrument list down to just those instruments that I want, I would like to be able to save the list of instruments, instead of having to use the account manager to do this.

Should be fairly simple to do.

Thanks.

Hello KBJ,

Thank you for your post & feedback.

I have forwarded this post to our Development Department for further review & consideration. NinjaTrader encourages users to forward their suggestions & feedback so keep those ideas coming!

Thank you,
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

for reference I had the same issue and do the following:

In the MA via "grid" export to excel, save the corresponding symbol list column in notepad as a new symbol list. Then import that symbol list into a new instrument list in "Instrument manager"

Comment

gktk303 -- Thanks for the suggestion.

I looked in the Instrument Manager and didn't find a way to import symbols there.

I guess you're talking about the Control Center's feature where you click on File -> Utilities -> Import Stock Symbol List.

Although this is "better than nothing", if someone doesn't have Excel, I guess they're out of luck until such time as one of NinjaTrader's developers gets around to adding this simple feature.

Comment

KBJ - As a workaround to not having Excel, you could utilize one of the free spreadsheet software programs available such as Google Docs, OpenOffice, etc.

Comment

plusticbid, Thank you for your suggestion.

I do have Excel, I just don't like the extra steps required to move the instrument list from one part of NinjaTrader to another part.

Although I guess it could be considered a "workaround", I consider a solution of this sort to be an extreme hack.

If I had access to the Ninja sources I'd copy the few lines of code required from one place to the other and optimistically have it working in less time than it's taken for all these postings.

Oh well, add it to the list of 20+ other simple feature suggestions I've made that could all be completed in a day's time. (Not an idle brag, I've done this before with other software packages when I was given access to the sources.)

KBJ

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post chbruno
            by chbruno

Started by josh18955, 03-25-2023, 11:16 AM
            6 responses