No Historical Data in NT6.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Historical Data in NT6.5

I am running NT6.5 1000 18 in a live Mirus account with Zen-Fire feed in Windows 7.

I have a saved workspace and locally recorded data for ES 12-10 displayed on 3 different charts. My usual procedure is to disconnect and reconnect to Mirus/Zen-Fire and then reload historical data during the 4:15 - 4:30 no trading period during the week. My Format Data Series is set for 3 days, with the Last Date set to the current day.

On weekends I restart NinjaTrader before the market opens at 6:00 on Sunday, and reload historical data at that time. When I tried this yesterday, my workspace and charts opened and everything looked normal, except that the Reload Historical Data was grayed out in the menu. The charts all seem to be running fine. Yesterday I added the instrument ES 03-11 and opened a new volume based chart for that instrument using my usual settings for Data Series. When the chart opened, there was a single bar with no historical data, and no available Reload Historical Data. I did not leave that chart open very long, and tried a new one with the same result, so i closed it.

Today I started the volume based chart again, with the same result- A single bar.. no historical data, and no Reload available. The chart appears to be running as it should with the incoming data. I later started a time based chart. When I do this is see bars for all of the time that my volume chart was running, but still no Reload Historical Data available. It looks like the chart is getting filled with locally stored data, and nothing else.

What happened to the historical data?
    Last edited by HNWtrader; 12-13-2010, 09:51 AM.

Hello HNWtrader,

Thank you for your post.

If you have not yet, please try restarting NinjaTrader and reconnecting.

If that does not resolve your issue, please follow the instructions below to repair the NinjaTrader database.
    • Disconnect NinjaTrader from any open connections via File > Disconnect
    • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Options
    • Select the "Misc" tab
    • Press the "Repair DB" button
    • Press the "OK" button

In addition, I see that you're on an older version of NinjaTrader. I would recommend you upgrade by going to Help--> Download Site and downloading the current legacy release NT V6.5.1000.19. You should be able to do an over-the-top upgrade without uninstalling your current version.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Matthew,

Thanks for the reply. I did the DB repair procedure as outlined. When I finished, I got an error message saying I needed to restart NinjaTrader. Since I had to restart anyway, I did the install of the newer version, so I don't really know if the DB repair fixed anything by itself. I did restart once before doing the upgrade, and did not see any change, but I did not make a connection to Zen-Fire before I closed it and did the new install. However, when the older version opened I got the pop-up message about 1000.19 being available. I had never seen that on my previous restarts. With both things being done, NT V6.5.1000.19 appears to be working normally. The Reload Historical Data is active again, and the ES 03-11 charts now have historical data.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Waxavi
      by Waxavi

Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
      0 responses