NT Break had to restart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT Break had to restart

At 2pm I was in a long position, via a strategy. NT had a break according to the log. The computer locked up and I had to turn off the power to restart it. When I logged in everything came back up and I was still in the position but the strategy was not running. So I just put in a stop to protect my position. What will happen if I restart the strategy? It is set to take up a position based on back testing. Will it just resume showing my position or will it trade a 2nd contract?
    thanks

Hello larrylwill,

Unfortunately there is no simple answer here. It depends on your sync and strategy options outlined here:

The strategy is run again on historical data. In order for it to pick up the existing position / order, the virtual execution details when run against historical data must match exactly with the actual execution details originally submitted by the strategy. If you're running with CalculateOnBarClose = false, then it's highly unlikely these two will match.

It may be best to manage this position manually and then start the strategy again once it reaches a flat state.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It is calculate on bar close true and was in sync.
      So what would have happened if I was not at home when it locked up. Would the strategy continue or would I still be in a long position while the market was crashing?

thank you.

Comment

If NinjaTrader is unresponsive or locked then the strategy cannot manage your position. We highly recommend that you are within close proximity to your computer while it is running an automated trading strategy; you never know what can go wrong.

Comment

well there are 2 of us watching it so I guess it it locks up my partner can log in on his and close it out.
          What does it mean NT had a BREAK in the log? Was it NT went down or did the computer generate this?

Comment

We can look at your log / trace files to identify specific message you got. Use Help > Mail to support feature. In the subject, write Attn RyanM 407222 and make sure log / trace is checked.

Comment

sent 678910

Comment

I see Kyle has your log / trace files from earlier and you've been working with him on this lockup incident. Please continue to work with him on that. If you have any further questions on expected strategy behavior can use this thread.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by mattbsea, Today, 05:44 PM
                0 responses
                1 view
                0 likes
                Last Post mattbsea  
                Started by RideMe, 04-07-2024, 04:54 PM
                6 responses