MACD Crossover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MACD Crossover

Further to my last post, I hope no-one believes that MACD crossing the zero line on its own is likely to be a profitable strategy. With the addition of some filters and some money management, I hope to make it so. My next Ninjascript challenge is to add these filters and to add some stuff like trailing stops. Who needs sleep anyway!!

Comment

Karl, great to hear you got it to work as you hoped - best of luck on the further envisioned mods.
      BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

MACD Crossover

I am enjoying learning to code my simple strategy but there are a couple of things with which I am having difficulty. These are money management things and critical to the success (or otherwise) of a strategy. The first is coding a user defined trailing stop. I have been searching for a strategy which has this feature and I am sure I will find it but help here would be appreciated.

The other is a more difficult task and despite my efforts I am quite frustrated. I am applying my strategy to several charts, each with a different stock index. (I hope it will also work with bonds, commodities, etc). Having each index trade the strategy is working well. My first objective is to code a daily total TP or SL in each chart which will prevent further trades in that index for that day.

More challenging is to build a daily total TP or SL which will close all charts from further trades for that day. There are some very good multi chart managers in Forex Factory but I do not know if such a script or manager exists or can be built for NT7. It certainly seems to be beyond the reaches of the wizard.

Any help or leads would be very welcome. Thanks. Karl

Comment

Hello,

Doing this would require pulling in all the indexes you want to trade into one strategy. So that you can stop all the strategies. To do this you will need to use multi instrument / multi series programming which cannot be done in the strategy wizard and starts to get a little complex in its setup.

However please see the following guide on how to integrate this all into one strategy.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by FishTrade, Today, 03:42 PM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post FishTrade  
          Started by Richozzy38, Today, 01:06 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes