Session Times - Default 24/5 and 24/7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Session Times - Default 24/5 and 24/7

This probably doesn't belong in here - if necesarry, please move it to correct thread:

I have a small problem - I use Ninja connected to TWS. Today I talked with some guy from IB why is my datafeed working only in main trading hours (3.30PM to 10.15PM in GMT+1 timezone, I am not sure what time is it in Chicago). He said to me that IB gives me complete datafeed and that I need to setup Ninja somehow. Can you explain how to achieve that please? I already tried to use "Default 24/5 and 24/7" in Data series but no change...my chart stops at the end of main trading hours.

Hello trigon,

Changing the session template is needed here to view the overnight data. What chart interval and instrument are you viewing? Daily bars, for example, can be provided natively by the provider according to their times and won't update.

If you're using intraday bars like minute or tick you should be able to see bars as long as the instrument is trading and you're within the time defined by the session template.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Ryan, thanks for reply. I have figured it out. When I choose new chart from my File/New in ninja and in window where I choose my instrument and data series and Session template - it opens my chart but when I open Data series directly from this chart - there is no active Session template. It means I have to change those things directly from chart after i open it and not in the window where I pick up instrument and opening chart. For some reason settings from "Data series" only apply on chart that is already opened and not when I am opening it. I didn't know that...

Thank you for quick answer to my question.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by bsbisme, Yesterday, 02:08 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
      Started by prdecast, Today, 06:07 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post prdecast