Open a chart after a strategy has been started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Open a chart after a strategy has been started

What is the proper way to open a chart and show the strategy that I am running.
    In other words. If I start a strategy from the main program then later choose to open a chart to show the contract and strategy how do I do it?
    Now when I open a chart and select a strategy I do not see the strategy running unless I activate it, then It opens a new position with a new copy of the same strategy.

I know I can open the chart first then select a strategy then activate it and all is well, but sometimes I do not want a chart until later.
    thanks

Hello Larrywill,

You can run strategies directly from the chart. If you start a strategy from the control center and then apply another strategy to a chart, then there are two instances of the strategy running.

A strategy running on a chart shows execution information but not orders.

You can use ChartTrader to display executions and orders, although you cannot have a strategy applied to the same chart that is running ChartTrader. ChartTrader is enabled from the toolbar as long as no strategies are applied.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

So what your saying is exactly what I said? The only way to see a strategy on a chart is by starting the chart first then enabling the strategy. There is no way to start a strategy from the CP then start a chart to see it?

Comment

Right - I confirmed what you were seeing and recommended using ChartTrader if you want to see executions and orders from a strategy.

Comment

Ok I guess I have to plead stupid, whats the difference between opening a chart and chart trader?
          I can find chart trader in help but not where to find it.

Comment

ChartTrader is enabled from the toolbar as long as no strategies are applied. Mouse over the icons until the tooltip shows it.

You can also enable through the Right Click > Properties Screen > Show ChartTrader = True
            Attached Files

Comment

I do not see how that pertains to automatic trading strategy's We are running a automatic trading strategy and want to have a chart to watch it trade. WithOUT having to open the chart first. Which I see is not possible. Thank you

Comment

I have another 2 questions. If I open a new chart using the contract I have been trading and playing with, it comes up with buy/sell points all over the chart, making it useless.
                If I select the strategy I'm wanting to use then it shows the strategy running with only the most recent buy/sell points. How can I get the chart without all those buy/sell points showing on a new chart load?

I have also saved defaults but the session templates always reverts to use instruments settings, I have to change it to 24/7 . How can I set it to 24/7 on default. It doesn't stick when I do it from the window, the contract and times do but not the session.
                thank you

Comment

Please see here for additional help running a strategy from a chart.

You can remove plot executions through the Right Click Data Series screen > Set to DoNotPlot.

You can also reset your simulated account through Tools > Options > simulator tab > Rest.

If you would like to change the default session template used, this is changed through the instrument manager for a given instrument. Select an instrument > Edit > Change Session Template.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post sarafuenonly123  
                  Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes