Scale (add to position) quantity default

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scale (add to position) quantity default

My strategy calls for entry default of 2 contracts. If I want to add to position by placing order in dome where whould I set 2 lot quantity default setting so that dome left click would be 2 contracts?

imported post

Hi Trymph,

In the Instrument Manager, select the instrument, then select the NinjaTrader default Properties Tab and set the number of Scale contracts to 2 and press update.

Vincent Bolte

Customer Service

NinjaTrader, LLC
    Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

OK thanx I found that....

another question now if thats ok....When I do this scaling its because I'm adding to a loser and welp you know how that goes<g>. Is there a way to set my strategy so that when I've scaled in and have 4 total position, I can define my T2 to have 2 lots in it. My goal is to be able to go back to 2 total position upon being able to get rid of the scaled extra 2 lots at average BE price. As it is now my T2 has 1 lot (as defined by original strategy based on a 2 lot trade) and T1 has 3 lots in it. Without scaling my original strategy puts half the position (non scaled) 1 lot target one tick profit less than where my trailing sequence begins on the remaining 1 lot.

Confusing I know but basically I'm trying to beat the stop busters if I enter too early by adding rather than stopping out 2 points against me on originalentry price. Then quickly get out at average price BE on the extra scaled 2 lot. And go back to original plan with a new entry price on the average entry rather than original entry (1 point better). I have been doing it by hand using the add/remove target but wondering if you could suggest something more efficient.

Comment

imported post

Trymph,

There is no different way of doing this.

Vince

Comment

imported post

Yea I figured.....

but had a thought.....any possiblity of designating T2 target quantity as a % of the total position in a strategy setup??? Then as long as using even entryand scale quantities the distribution of targets would adjust between the original entry postition size and the scaled new total position size in %age terms rather than absolute quantities. So if I start with 2 lots (T1&2 being 1 lot each)and scale another 2 at 50% T2 will be equal to T1 (T1&2 being 2 lots each)still... hope that make sense.

Comment

imported post

Hi Trymph,

We don't know yet, but I will put your suggestion on the list

Vince

Comment

imported post

Heya Vincent

I just closed out a scaled position and am having trouble add/remove(ing) targets. I couldnt make the target go back and forth between 2x2 then 4 by incrementing/decrementing with mouse into 2/4 lotsBE and 2x2BE/a couple of ticks of profit. Oddly enuf when the dome showed only two working and i got filled at BE I ended up flat so bought 4. I thoughtIhad 2 left in position I was actually flat...........I'm going to send you the log.txt .........if you have time would you mind taking a look and see if you can figure out how I got flat when only 2 contracts were showing in my dome at BE price?? When I tried to increment back up to 4 at BE it wouldnt show more than 3 did I get a partial fill of 1 lot at BE without realizing it and no .wav notification?

Thanx

Bruce
              Attached Files

Comment

imported post

Trymph,

I will take a look at the log, but can you send an email to vincent@ninjatrader so I can respond to you directly.

Vince

Comment

imported post

Will do...........I think it comes down to understanding the add/remove target functions along with timing on using the reset BE&TR dome buttons in a scaled postion. Email comming...Thanx

Regards

Bruce

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by MarianApalaghiei, Today, 10:49 PM
                  3 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                  Started by XXtrader, Today, 11:30 PM
                  0 responses