Paint Bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paint Bars

Hello. I am a newbie to programming for NT but have written VB code for excel. Can anyone point me to a primer/tutorial on how to paint the price bars for an indicator that is native to NT? What I'm trying to do is to paint the price bars one color if the Double Stochastic is above a certain value and paint them another color if below this value. Thanks for your consideration.

Best Regards
    Chuck

Chuck, I would suggest you look into the indicator tutorials from our helpguide, #6 covers programmatic bar color changes as well - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...indicators.htm
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      Chuck, I would suggest you look into the indicator tutorials from our helpguide, #6 covers programmatic bar color changes as well - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...indicators.htm
      Thanks Bertrand. I will check this out. I want to strongly suggest you add "paint bar" capability to your next release. Other high end software makes it very easy for users with no programming knowledge to set up just about any paint bar study imaginable. With NT, persons with limited or no programming knowledge have to dish out anywhere from $75-150 for each paint bar idea. This is ridiculous. I wouldn't think it would take much programming to implement this into NT. Thanks for your help.

Best Regards
      Chuck

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions - if you don't wish to custom code it you can also use the strategy wizard to setup a strategy doing the coloring -

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions - if you don't wish to custom code it you can also use the strategy wizard to setup a strategy doing the coloring -

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...egy_wizard.htm
          Thanks Bertrand. I've reviewed the help files relative to the strategy wizard. I'm assuming that the user can specify price bar color in the "Do The Following" section of the condition and actions window? Thanks

Chuck

Comment

Correct, in the action field you could issue a command to color your bar according to the set conditions then.

Thanks,

Comment

Correct, in the action field you could issue a command to color your bar according to the set conditions then.

Thanks,
              Thanks Bertrand. Your customer service is unrivaled. Thanks for the quick, prompt attention.

Merry Christmas

Comment

Thanks for the kind words - happy holidays for you and your family, too.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:56 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post kempotrader  
                Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:54 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes