Strategy automatically getting in position at startup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy automatically getting in position at startup

Even though I have "Wait until flat before executing live" selected, my strategy still shows the position that would've been open had my strategy been running. How can I fix this so that it doesn't do that?

Hello Xiong|80,

Can you please clarify where you see this position in the NinjaTrader software. Do you see a position reflected under the Control Center-->Positions-tab as soon as you start your strategy?

Could it be you refer to the historical executions that display in your chart? If so, these executions do not indicate you are in a position. When you apply an automated strategy in a chart, it will be calculated on the historical data in the chart. This can result in historical executions. Please set 'Plot executions' to DoNotPlot in the Data Series menu of the chart to disable the display of these executions.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It's being displayed in the Control Center, but there isn't any position indicated under the "Position" column. However, under the "Unrealized" column, there is P&L tracking as if I were in a position.

Comment

This indicates you are in a strategy position, but not in an actual account position. Please see the link below that will provide more information regarding strategy and account positions.

Comment

I thought this could be disabled in the Tools --> Options window?

Comment

Yes, you can avoid a difference between strategy and account positions using the settings at Tools-->Options-->Strategies-->NinjaScript-tab. Please see the link below for information.

More information can be found at the following link.

Comment

So I do have the "Wait until flat" selected under the Options tab, and right now I'm only running strategies in sim and not live. Also, I'm running NT6.5, not 7. When I start up strategies that would be in a position, the Unrealized column in the Strategies tab shows a changing P&L, as if I were in a position, even though I'm not. Is this how NT6.5 is supposed to work? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm assuming that the strategy will show this P&L even though I'm not in a position until this trade is closed (as a "virtual" position). And then on the next entry, the strategy would actually enter the trade and start the strategy from there.

Comment

If you select 'Wait until flat', your strategy will only start submitting orders once it is in a flat position state. That way your strategy will not submit orders. Only when strategy position is the same as your account position (flat), your strategy will submit orders.

Yes, this is how NinjaTrader 6.5 is supposed to function. It displays the PnL of the strategy position.

Subsequently, it will submit orders when conditions are met.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post sarafuenonly123  
                Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes