Possible Bug - TWS timed disconnect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible Bug - TWS timed disconnect?

I have seen this for quite some time, just getting around to reporting it. It happens on both my trading PCs (1 vista the other 64bit W7) identically and I am using N7. It involves when the silly Interactive Brokers TWS does its forced daily time out. When this happens, usually when i am out for coffee, I come back and obviously I have lost connection and need to reconnect. It reconnects but the charts won't load. The CP screen is Saving forever. The only way to clear the error is to reboot. Not very nice and annoying.

Hello Bluepoint,

Can you please tell me what TWS version you have installed. Make sure you have TWS 911 installed as per the link below.

Let me know if the issue remains using version 911 and tell me if the issue is reproducible each day.

In addition, during what time (+time zone) do you experience the disconnection?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes version is the latest. It does this TWS force time out at 10am on one and 10.20am on the other PC - European times. This has been doing this for over a year. And yes it always happens with out fail, unless i update the timeout before the timeout occurs of course.

Comment

The latest TWS version is 913. Can you please tell me if you have TWS 911 or 913 installed.

Can you please send me your latest log and trace files for one of your computers. You can find log and trace files at the following locations.

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Log--> log.20101220 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Trace--> trace.20101220 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

You can send them to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Please put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header and reference this thread.

Comment

Yes 911 and the log file sent......

Comment

Please see the message below that is reflected in your log file at 10:20 AM.

20/12/2010 10:20:01|0|2|ib: TWS forced your connection to close. NinjaTrader is unable to automatically reconnect. Please shut down NinjaTrader and reconnect manually to TWS: No more data to read

You experienced a disconnection, however NinjaTrader is unable to automatically re-connect. You will need to restart NinjaTrader. It is not possible to proceed by just a manual disconnect/re-connect - a restart is required.

Comment

Hello Makis,

What does currently happen when you start NinjaTrader? Do you receive an error message?

Can you please clear your browser cache and try the download once more.

Comment

TWS scheduled restart

So does the NT7 resolve the issue with TWS scheduled restart? Should I be able to run both platforms around the clock without any manual intervention?
                Would they also restart after my VPS restart?

Comment

Hello kassandra,

Am I correct you are referring to the server reset of IB? Unfortunately you will experience a disconnection at this time.

In case of a disconnection, NinjaTrader will try to get re-connected for about 2 minutes. If no connection could be established during this time, NinjaTrader will stop trying. You will need to manually re-connect.

NinjaTrader does not restart on its own - you will need to manually start it, if it is closed.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by junkone, 04-21-2024, 07:17 AM
                  10 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                  Started by tsantospinto, 04-12-2024, 07:04 PM
                  6 responses
                  0 likes