Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orphan Pending Order

Hi

I had a position in a currency pair and did not realise that my broker treated stop loss orders and limit orders as day orders. As it turned out after the weekend, I had a position with no protection in place and no limit order to get me out at a profit.

The order was placed with an ATM strategy, so what I did was to place a stop and limit order by selecting None in ATM Strategy, then selecting OCO and placing both orders manually. This worked fine as overnight I was limited out at a profit. But it seems to have left my stop order as a Pending order and I am unable to remove it.

Can you tell me the best way to remove this Pending order?

Regards

Shane

Hello,

Thank you for your note.

First, if this is a live trade please contact your broker to manage the position if it needs to be managed.

Once this is done with your broker please repair your database to remove the order from NinjaTrader.

To repair your database please go to Tools--> Options--> Data--> and click Repair DB.
    If this does not remove the order then the order will be removed when your broker resets their servers.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Hi Brett

I have looked at the broker's online platform and the order does not appear, so can only presume it is just within NT.

I just ran the utility and the order now shows as State....Unknown, so I guess that is fine. I assume it will clear the following day.

May I also ask if there is any way to bring up a record of past trades? Just so I can check trades completed with my broker account.

Incidentally, Repair DB is under the Misc tab, not the Data tab.

cheers Brett

Comment

Hello,

Gotcha your still using NinjaTrader 6.5. Any reason why your still using NinjaTrader 6.5 then, unless your indicators do not support NinjaTrader 7, I would recommend upgrading to NinjaTrader 7.

Also, yes the order will drop off at the end of the day and the record of past trades are found at the Control Center->Account Performance tab.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
          Hello,

Gotcha your still using NinjaTrader 6.5. Any reason why your still using NinjaTrader 6.5 then, unless your indicators do not support NinjaTrader 7, I would recommend upgrading to NinjaTrader 7.
          Hi Brett

The only reason I am still with 6.5 is that the company I am with, Your Trading Room, has proprietary indicators they say will not work correctly with NT7. It seems I am stuck until they code them for 6.5

I am using NT7 for my News trading, as no indicators are required. I am assuming I can not have both version open at the same time, though. Is that true? I have not been able to find where the YTR indicators reside, as they are not under the normal bin-->Custom-->Indicator folder. there is a .dll file called Final.YTR.dll living under the Custom folder, so perhaps this is it. I am tempted to copy it to the NT7 folder and see whether any of them do work with NT7.

regards

Shane

Comment

That is correct you may not run both NinjaTrader 6.5 and 7 at the same time on one PC.
            Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
            11 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post xiinteractive  
            Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
            1 response
            0 likes