Ninjatrader & PFG - Words Of Warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninjatrader & PFG - Words Of Warning

There seems to be a huge disconnect between the programmers and system administrators on both sides.

Issue 1 - PFG Best takes down the datafeed and quote server weeknights at 8:30PM Central. This maintenance can last up to 30 minutes.

Issue 2 - Ninjatrader will not reconnect to the quote server after being disconnected for more than two minutes.

Neither party seems to be interested in finding a solution to the problem. NT isn't interested in adapting their software to account for maintenance schedules, and PFG isn't interested in looking for a workaround to minimize the downtime.

Thus if you are not daytrading, you will have to babysit every night to reconnect manually.

Certainly less than optimal.

I would be greatly interested in listening to a resolution to this continuing issue that renders NT & PFG combinations extremely problematic for overnight trading.
    Last edited by RDPoS; 12-21-2010, 01:28 AM.

Hello RDPoS,

Can you please send me your complete log and trace directories. The easiest way would be sending us an email via Control Center-->Help-->Mail to Support. Make sure 'Log and trace files' is enabled.

Please put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header and reference this forum thread.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Is there any solution to this? I have the same problem!

Comment

Hello grimesd,

The PFG re-connection issue is fixed for the next release of NinjaTrader 7 (7.0.1000.3).

Please install this version once it is released. Unfortunately I do not have an ETA when it will be released.

Comment

Jason, any hint as to whether PFG modified operations on their end to fix this problem?
          This week I have only had the connection crash once so far, and have not received the regular server maintenance warning on the API that foreshadows the unrecoverable disconnection.

It seems stupid of PFG to take their servers down during the Asian session.

Comment

As far as I know PFG did not modify operations. I suggest to check with them if they made any changes in this regard.

Comment

A short lived reprieve. Connection crashed Wednesday.

Comment

The PFG re-connection issue has been fixed for NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.3. NinjaTrader will re-connect after PFG server maintenenace period. Unfortunately you will experience the issue in NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.2.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by reynoldsn, Today, 02:34 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post reynoldsn  
                Started by nightstalker, Today, 02:05 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes