Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Zen Data feed and Charts -- is data buffered for multiple charts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zen Data feed and Charts -- is data buffered for multiple charts?

Hello,

Does each Ninja chart have its own data stream under these conditions:

** the same instrument is open with different intervals in the same workspace?
    ** the same instrument is open in more than one workspace workspaces....?

The reason I ask is that I live overseas in a somewhat remote area, and the data stream is much slower than if I were in the USA...so when I load a new instrument it is much slower than if my workstation were in the USA (I have a leased server in Chicago and it loads new chart data quite fast)

If in the background, say in another workspace I have charts open on several instruments I use, will that already-streamed data be available when I open one of those instruments in my working workspace?

Then, the next question is...does it matter what interval? Say I have a 5 minute chart on CL open, then I open a 25 tick chart for CL. Is the data streamed for the 5 minute chart sufficient for the 25 tick chart?

Thank you.

Hi,

To clarify:

- There is one data stream for each unique instrument between NinjaTrader and the server of any market data source
    - This single stream is then used to feed any window (different interval charts, SuperDOM etc...)
    - There are no *redundant* identical streams consuming bandwidth

So in your example of "same instrument is opened with different intervals in the same workspace" --> The same single data stream is used to udpate the multiple chart intervals in the same workspace or multiple workspaces for that matter

Please let us know if our response is not clear.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Perfect, that is what I was hoping....

Would this also be the case for Market Analyzer, that an active instrument stream there would feed any new charts opened, including the buffered (historical data)?

Another related question: Does Market Analyzer data get recorded if Options.Data.RecordForMarketReplay is checked?

Thanks

Comment

Hi Turtle Trader,

In both cases that is correct. The active stream from the Market Analyzer would be used for new charts of the same instrument, and when Market Replay is set to record the data from within a Market Analyzer would be recorded, as well.
        Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by DanielSanMartin, Yesterday, 02:37 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DanielSanMartin  
        Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes