X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mis-reporting PnL of positions

NT Support,

Could you please help?

I’m currently live testing a strategy with PFG in to a Sim Account. NT is misreporting position PnL? It is reporting the position as open, but it is not accounting for the PnL (screen shot attached).

Troubleshooting performed already:

- Disconnected / reconnected with PFG
    - Restarted NT
    - Restarted machine

Any suggestions?

Thanks and regards,

Drolles
    Attached Files

Hello drolles,

PnL for FOREX in a simulated account is based on standard lot size of 100,000. Your PnL may be very small if you're submitting 1 / 10 quantity of this. Also check the Point value defined in the instrument manager for these instruments.

Please see here additional help autotrading a FOREX strategy

If you're still running into issues, check the PnL reported on manual positions to verify they're working as you expect. You can use the simulated data feed to control market direction and test this in the superdom, for example.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ryan,

Thanks for the response.

I think possibly you misunderstood “simulated account”. The strategy is running against PFG Best’s simulation account and not the Sim101 account of NTs. This works a normal account would.

You are correct in assuming this is trading mini-lots. From my testing with PFG they require lots to be traded by multiplying them (e.g. 1 mini-lot = 10,000).

I have checked the Instrument Manager. It doesn’t appear that there is any anomaly with those instruments. Added to the fact they were reporting correctly prior to me having disconnected and reconnected. They only stopped reporting correctly after a recent disconnection.

I’ve just sent of a test order via the usual order entry window and I’ve managed successfully to get filled and exit that order. It was showing the PnL successfully given the position size – which was equivalent to a mini-lot (i.e. 10,000). The EURJPY position is the one you see that I added manually in the attached screenshot.

The funny thing is that, as you can seen from the screen shot, is that the positions just aren’t reporting at all. Whereas, the positions PnL is showing for the other positions.

Thanks and regards,

drolles
      Attached Files

Comment

In this case the PnL is supplied by PFG. I would make sure you are running the right version of their adapter. If they offer another way to check PnL figures, use that interface to verify if anything is available for this instrument.

You can check the version of PFG you're using here:

If you continue to have issues, please report to PFG.
        Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post usazencort  
        Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
        5 responses