Stop movement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop movement

Is there any way to make a trailing stop conditional upon the fill of a profit target? I have strategies which move my stops once specific profit targets are met, but often the stop gets moved before the target gets filled.

Thanks,
    Dale

Hi Dale1670,

Thank you for your note.

Because the Stop Loss order is managed by NinjaTrader using the ATM strategies features the stop will move based on the profit trigger which is based on when the last traded price touches the profit trigger.

If there is a Profit Target at that value as well the stop will be moved independent of the fill for the Profit Target since the order execution would require different steps than an ATM strategy managed profit trigger.

Because of this the Stop Loss order based on the profit trigger will move independently of the fill of the Profit Target fill.

I have forwarded a suggestion to development for the inclusion on the list of possible future enhancements to NinjaTrader this ATM strategy ability.

What you could do if you want a fill first and then stop move is to increase the profit trigger to be 1 tick greater than your Profit Target rather than putting them at the same level. That way the Profit Target should get filled and then if the trade progresses the Stop Loss order will move thereafter.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Ryan, it would be ideal if the stop moved in conjunction with the fill, but I will try moving it 1 tick past and see how that affects things.

Dale

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
      Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes