Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price jump stop loss

Hello, i have an important question.

Could the price jump my stop loss order?
    If the price jump my stop the trade will be closed?

Example:

I put my stop at 1250 points in a long trade.
    If the price jump from 1250,25 to 1249,75, the order in NT will be filled at 1249,75? or the order continue open and the rpice could down to 1240 or more....

Thank you very much.

Sorry my inexperience.
    Maybe its imposible the price do this jumps in normal conditions.

I know that the price could be vary betwen sessions, but my question its for normal day conditions.

Thank you

Comment

Hi ninjo,

Thank you for your post.

When using ATM strategies you have the ability of using Stop Limit or Stop Market orders for Stop Loss orders. If using Stop Limit orders as an ATM strategy Stop Loss order then the limit price will be 20 ticks, and due to the range of the stop and limit price should be filled, although there might be slippage from the stop price to where the order is filled based on the market.

If using a Stop Market order for your Stop Loss orders then once the stop is hit then the order will be an active market order and be filled, and since it is a market order there may be slippage from the stop price, also. More information at:

Because of this if the stop is hit, or passed then the order will become an active order to be filled.

To modify which type of order your ATM strategies use you can right click on the SuperDOM and then select Properties. In the Properties menu you can set the Use Stop Market for Stop Loss orders to True, otherwise ATM strategies will use Stop Limit orders for Stop Loss orders. More information at:
      Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you RyanOlson.

I dont have strategies active in my license key but i have the option of put a stop limit.
        Its the same?

Comment

Hi ninjo,

Yes, the stop limit and stop market orders that you would place manually to bracket an order would be the same type as used as part of an ATM strategy. More information at:

If you have an open position without any stop loss or profit target orders protecting it you can easily add these exit orders.
          Please see a post in our support forum that outlines how to accomplish protecting an open position.

Comment

Hello, anyone there could help me to detect when there is a price jumped?

Comment

Hi luxurious_04,

Thank you for your post.

I am not sure if you are seeking to identify when this might occur, or if it has occurred, and can you please clarify.

Comment

Thanks for quick reply RyanOlson. I am asking when this might occur.

Comment

Hi luxurious_04,

When using stop loss orders you can right-click on the SuperDOM and then select Properties. If you set the Use Stop Market for Stop Loss to True then you can make certain this never occurs since when the stop price is hit then the order will become a market order. More information at:

As Stop Limit and Stop Market orders. Stop Market orders will always be filled when the stop price is hit based on the fact they become Market orders to be filled at the stop price.

However, the limit offset could determine whether a trade is filled, and if you wish to prevent this you can include a large limit price so that when the stop is hit the available limit will result in a fill.

And for more information please see the following link:

As for the times when this might occur that will be dependent on the market, and the general risks of electronic trading:

Comment

I mean if I have no open position then just monitoring the price movement bar by bar. How could I know that there is a gap happened?

Comment

Hi luxurious_04,

That would be separate issue, and what you would want to do depending on the type of gap you are looking for is see if there are any indicators that can identify the type of price movement you are seeking to identify.

NinjaTrader advanced charting is extensible in that you can create custom indicators using NinjaScript which is based on the modern C# programming language.

There is a growing library of user submitted custom indicators (100+) that can be downloaded from our support form. Please look in the NinjaScript File Sharing section of our support forum as you may find what you are looking for there.
                      If you have limited time or programming capabilities, you can discuss your requirements with any of our NinjaScript consultants.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by The_Sec, Yesterday, 03:37 PM
                      1 response
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                      Started by vecnopus, Today, 06:15 AM
                      0 responses
                      1 view