Some issues with Market Replay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some issues with Market Replay

I have downloaded some days of date from Kinetick (for the ES 03-11) to use it with the Market Replay Tool, but I am having some problems, and I would really appreciate some help:

1. If I use, say, a 1-minute chart, and I change it to a 3-minute chart, this chart begins again from an empty chart. Is this supposed to work like this?
    2. When I check the available data, it only appears the days I am playing in that moment, but not all the days I have downloaded. Is that ok?
    3. I can't find where the data I have downloaded is stored (the db folder hasn't got other folders into it)
    4. In the Replay tool bar (where I can play, pause...), which time is shown? My local time, EST time...?

Thanks a lot!!!

Hi nolte_,

Thank you for your post.

1. Market Replay will take the data that is available for Level 1 and Level 2 data, and then should mesh those tow distinct files into a stream of continuous data, and as such when you change the interval it should not re-generate since that data will already be available based on the current time of the Market Replay playback. If that is not what you are seeing can you please close NinjaTrader and then sync your PC clock. You can sync your PC clock by double clicking on the clock in the lower right corner of your desktop. Once you have done that, click on Internet Time tab and then click Update. Your PC clock should now be updated.

2. The data that is available should be for all days that are available for NinjaTrader. If you right-click on the Market Replay bar you can select Available Instruments and in the Available Instruments you can left click on a small 'plus' icon to expand individual days.

3. If the data is not showing as available I would recommend that you go to the location of the files and then remove them. The files are located in the My Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->db-->data folder. Each date of Market Replay is stored in a unique dated folder, and to remove Market Replay data you can remove from there. More information at:

4. The time shown on the Market Replay bar would be the local PC time. The files downloaded will be for 12:00 AM to 12:00 AM EST, but when played in NinjaTrader it will be adjusted for your local time, so, if your time zone was PST then your Market Replay would begin at 9:00 PM since that would be the time zone adjustment locally for the EST files.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Now working fine, thank you very much!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Haiasi, Today, 06:53 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
      Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM