Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT7 importing indicator error message

Hi,

I tried to import an indicator I had created using NT6.5 but this error came up.

Yes, the import failed but what do it mean "the ninjascript archive file may contain duplicate method names that already exist on your PC"?

i am running both NT7 and NT6.5 on the same PC but only NT7 is running when I tried to do the import.

Please help.

Regards

Kay Wai
    Attached Files

Hello kaywai,

Thank you for your post.

Note that NinjaScript indicators & strategies cannot be migrated directly from NinjaTrader 6.5 to NinjaTrader 7. Please reference the Migration Guide at the following:

You may need to modify this script but note the code-breaking changes that took place in NinjaTrader 7:
    Contains critical information including but not limited to migration, installation, connections and changes.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm receiving the same error message, for a custom indicator that i just exported from the same computer i'm trying to import it into.

Here's what i'm doing.

I have my script, compiled, on version 7.0.1000.1
      I export my script using "Export compiled assembly of selected source files"
      I then try to import the script back into Ninja 7.0.1000.1, on the same computer.
      I get the error "Import Failed. The NinjaScript Archive File may contain duplicate method names that already exist on your PC or there is a required file missing on either your PC or in the import archive" - Same as Kay Wai.
      I also tried importing it onto a different computer, also running Ninja 7 (but an older version) - i get the same error.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Comment

Hello MrOrange,

Thank you for your post.

Just to clarify – are you trying to import an indicator that already exists on this target PC?
        ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the quick response.

I was trying to do both. 1. Import it onto the PC i just exported it from, and 2. Import it onto my laptop, which did not have it.

I was able to resolve the problem by doing some more searching on the forums. It was this thread in particular, that did the trick: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=33652

As bobcat says in that thread, this should be a bit more well documented. The problem seems to simply be that if you export an assembly from a machine that has previously imported other (3rd party) assemblies, references to those 3rd party assemblies get exported into the assembly you're exporting!

Sorry that explanation is a mouthful, but from what i understand on the other thread, it's correct.

Cheers!

Comment

MrOrange,

This is my workaround.

1. Open the indicator in an C# editor.
            2. Copy the indicator's script to NT7
            3. Compile the indicator.
            4. Correct errors where necessary.

It's worked for me so far.

Regards

Kay Wai

Comment