Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MB Trading - Troubleshooting

Hi

I've been able to make a successful connection to MB Trading (Demo) from my NT7. The MB Trading Navigator also appears in NT and is giving me live data. However, I'm having a problem with my Charts - I would like to see forex charts (with historical data from MB Trading) in Ninjatrader, but for some reason I'm not able to despite the successful Connection. Perhaps the instruments are incompatible? I've tried playing around with the Instrument manager too, but with no success. Can you please help me with this?

Thanks

Hello Indtrader,

Thank you for your post.

From the Control Center, please click Tools and select Instrument Manager.
    What options are available to you in the Type drop-down menu?
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hey Kyle

Options are: Currency, Future, Index, Stock.

Comment

Indtrader,

You should have access to forex instruments then.

Please try loading a new chart of a common pair like $EURUSD - do you see any data at all loading?

Comment

Tick Data

I'm having the same problem, only difference is i can get minute based charts to load but no tick data for range bars past one day?? I went to account connection setup and noticed there is no option to use NT historical data for MB Trading accounts, only MB Trading servers and an option to disable and use another account for historical data, why is this??

Comment

Hi,

Historical Tick data isn't provided to us. See here what MBT provides to us:

Check under the section 'Understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider'.

We don't record MBT data, therefore there is nothing available on our server for us to provide as an option to enable.
            Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

What providers does NT record data for? if I cannot create a chart and have enough data for my indicators to plot correctly what's the use? I had planned on using MBT for my live trades as I have used them in the past, What would be my options?

Comment

Hi bulegila,

1.) NinjaTrader provides historical data with the following data connections:
                • GAIN
                • Trading Technologies
                • Zen-Fire
                • Vision Financial Markets

2.) If you're looking for a secondary data provider, you do have several options including:
                • Kinetick
                • BarChart
                • eSignal
                • DTN.IQ

For more information about using NinjaTrader with multiple data providers: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...leConnections1

Comment

Excuse me, let's return to the matter of the qestion: MBT provides historical tick data (http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...rical_data.htm).

So, why we can't load historical tick, second, range forex charts?

In Desember 2010 this charts loaded ussualy, some times didn't loaded.
                  In 2011 MBT historical tick, second, range forex charts are not loaded at all.
                  fx.practic
                  NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - fx.practic

Comment

Hello fx.practic,

If I recall correctly, MBTrading only supports 1-2 days of historical tick data. So if you request more historical tick data, it will not be loaded. I suggest to contact MBTrading for clarification what historical data you can load as per your MBTrading connection.
                    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok, thank You.

Can You please, tell me, where can I open account to have 20-30 days of tick and minute fx historical data?

I find only MBT and TradeStation. (I have live account in MBT now, but...)
                      fx.practic
                      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - fx.practic

Comment

Hello fx.practic,

BarChart, eSignal, DTN.IQ and Kinetick would be your best bet for this amount of tick and minute data.

Comment

hi, when i try to connect to mbt from nt7 i get the following error message:

error on reloading data: error (errclientsideconnect) on loading historical data (Panic)

is there any way to fix this problem so that i can get the historical data loaded (absolutely no data gets loaded on my charts)

Comment

msushi,

Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with 'ATTN: Kyle' in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
                            1.) A link to this forum thread

2.) Your most current trace file.
                            You will find the trace file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.
                            Today's trace file will be named 'trace.20110104.txt'.

Comment

I have the exact same problem Msushi but only when loading range charts.

This has only happened since the first of the year for me.

I can download a minute chart of MBTrading data but when I try to change the chart to a range bar chart it shows the same error message and starts the live range bars one at a time.

I also sent you an email Kyle with the info you requested. Thanks for any help.

Originally posted by msushi View Post
                              hi, when i try to connect to mbt from nt7 i get the following error message:

error on reloading data: error (errclientsideconnect) on loading historical data (Panic)

is there any way to fix this problem so that i can get the historical data loaded (absolutely no data gets loaded on my charts)
                              Last edited by Poocher; 01-04-2011, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
                              10 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Leafcutter  
                              Started by Rapine Heihei, 04-23-2024, 07:51 PM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Max238