Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AutoTrade Sim cross with Live Account

Afternoon,

Have successfully interfaced AT client with my dll's and charting package but now find problem when AT client is taking auto trades in SIM account. When I place a trade in the live account it is duplicated in the SIM account . . . never seen this before.

And this is not logical nor desirable of course for obvious reasons. Why would a live account trade cross to the SIM account. Only change made is AT is checked in the control panel.

Thank you in advance,
    Dox

Hello,

Thanks for your forum post and welcome to the NinjaTrader support forum.

Are you using an ATM Strategy by any chance when you submit the live order?

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Yes . . . in live account . . .

Comment

Hello,

Ok thats what I needed to know most likely this is a shadow strategy in the ATM Strategy that your running on the live account. Please check the settings in the ATM Strategy. Please pull up the settings in a superDOM winow or a chart trader, if in a superDOM window you will need to right click on the superDOM and select Advanced Options. Then you will see the option for shadow strategy that places a trade in a Sim account to shadow the live trade. Make sure this is set to <None> is it?

If it is then I would need you to post the code your using to submit the order.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Shadow is not checked . . . nor do I know what purpose there would be in taking the same trade live and in SIM simultaneously. I have owned Ninja for couple of years now and never used this nor would I.

I think you misread my question. I am placing an order manually in the live cash account and this order I place manually in the cash account is being duplicated in the SIM account. This has never happened before. The only difference TODAY . . . is that AT is checked in the control panel.

Question: Why is it that when AT is checked in the control panel a Live account trade is being duplicated in the SIM account?

Comment

Hello,

This should not be the case. The only thing that will do this is a shadow strategy enabled on the specific ATM Strategy you used. The reason this exists is so that you can test how another ATM Strategy would perform on the Sim101 account while still traading live. Allows you to test other ATM Strategy options you may be considering.

If this occurs again after verifying your ATM Strategy is not enabled for shadow strategy please send your log and trace files to support at ninjatrader dot com and reference this forum post so I can look into.

Best is to use the Control Center -> Help- -> Mail To Support Feature.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
            5 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
            Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Aviram Y