White Crosshair Lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White Crosshair Lines

My Crosshair Lines are White on my charts.

I have deleted my workspace in attempt to reset them to normal color
    I do not know how to change them to the default of Black.
    NT 7 RC1

Please see video. codec is available at http://gotomeeting.com/codec

Video: http://www.emini-fools.com/images/whitecrosshairs.wmv

first 30 seconds of video do not show screen.. after that you can see new charts w/ white colored crosshair lines ...no indicators..

Thanks
    Mark

Hello mjc4118,

Thank you for your post.

You can change the cross hair color by right clicking on your chart--> selecting "properties"--> locate the "Color for cross hair label" and set this to your color of preference.

Additionally, you can restore the default settings by right clicking on the chart and selecting the "Reset" button.

Please see our Help Guide article on Chart Properties for more information:

MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Actually .. That is not correct.
      That changes the color of the crosshair LABEL...not the color of the crosshair LINES.
      The LINES are white. If you look at the video then you would see my problem is not the label.

Thanks
      Mark

Comment

I also clicked reset on the properties window. That did not solve my problem either. The crosshair LINES cannot be set on the properties window, only the color of the label.

Comment

mjc4118,

Thanks for the clarifiaction.

I can see from the video you have taken all of the appropriate steps to troubleshoot a workspace or template issue.

Our next step here will be to completely uninstall and then reinstall NinjaTrader. We can save your settings, but I would ask that you first test with the clean installation to see if the issue persists there as well.

1.) Backup:

Please create a backup of your settings using the steps listed at the following link:

You will also need to save a copy of your license key. You will find the key listed in the Help > License Key menu.

2.) Reinstallation:

After backing up, please follow the steps listed below to completely uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader:

1. Close all running applications.
          2. Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs.
          3. From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 7 and click Remove.
          4. Then manually delete the folder "NinjaTrader 6.5" located under Start --> My Documents.
          5. Delete any NinjaTrader installation files. This can be done by going to Start --> My Computer --> Search button --> search for (NinjaTrader*) --> select Local C Disk and then press search.
          6. Then you will need to clear your internet browser cache and history. You will clear this from within your internet browser (with IE, Tools-->Options, delete cookies and files, clear ! history).
          7. Reboot your machine.
          8. Once these steps are completed, download NT7 from the link below:

3.) Testing:

After reinstalling NinjaTrader, please test and see if the issue persists.

4.) Restoring Settings:

If the issue does not persist on the clean installation, please restore your settings using the steps listed here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...up_archive.htm

5.) Testing:

After restoring your settings, please test again and let me know if the issue pops up.

Comment

Crosshair lines

Matthew

So we still can't set Crosshair line color - just the label?
            If so can you put that forward as a suggestion for future dev.

Comment

Bump

Bizarre thing not to be able to change the crosshair lines color, whereas you can change the labels

Comment

Just wait a month or two...and your cross-hair MAY turn to a completely NEW color like white ..all on its own ...and you will have to delete everything and reinstall to get it back

Comment

Hello,

Mindset, I'm in contact with development to forward your a tracking number for this feature request.

mjc4118, I have not heard reports from other users regarding this issue. Have you had issues with it reoccurring?

Comment

It is stored in one of my template files. If I select that template ..it goes white.
                    What I find interesting is that inside the template file you store the setting for the crosshair ...but we as users cannot change it.

Somewhere along the line that template file was corrupted or stored the data from a corrupted chart ...and ...well ...the result is what it is..select that template and your crosshair goes white

Comment

Mindset,

The feature you are requesting for changing the cross hair colors is on our development teams list of future considerations under tracking #198

Comment

I would also like to see this feature.

The problem I have is when I have the "Global" cross hair tracking set, it is very difficult to quickly determine which chart has the master Global cross hair.

The feature I would like to see is to change the cross hair color dynamically. Thus the chart that is master or where the Global cross hair is located would be one color and the other charts would be another color.

This way it would be easy to see on which chart the cursor is located and on which chart commands can be applied.

regards,
                        taddypole...

Comment

I, too, would like to be able to change the cross hair colour.

I also, think it would be better if it was clearer which is the master cross hair when global cross hair is set. One way is for the slave cross hairs to disappear when master cross hair is moving and show them all when the master has stopped for about 1/2 second. Just a suggestion.

Cheers
                          Tony

Comment

Hello Tony,

Thank you for your feedback. I have forwarded your vote to change the color of the crosshair as well as your other suggestion.
                            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
                            4 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post arvidvanstaey  
                            Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
                            16 responses
                            0 likes