Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT 7 Chart Questions

This is from a user:

A few nits though. What is the deal with the crosshair cursor? It lights up the borders, etc. Very annoying, unless I somehow have something set wrong. Also, the bars seemed very far apart. I couldn't figure out how to compress them.

Is there an easy way to toggle between day only and 24 hour sessions? Also, can you make the cursor track on all charts simultaneously, like QCharts does?

My next step is to load up a full complement of charts and see how that goes. There is a lot to be said for a free program that is this sophisticated.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Hello,

Thanks for your note.

Thanks for the compliments!

1) What do you mean on it lights up the borders, can you further clarify on this or possible even take a screenshot.

To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CRTL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

2) As far as how to increase/decrease the bar width and spacing please see this guide:

How to change the horizontal scale and range of a chart

3) To toggle between 24 hour charts and RTH hours you would need to change the session template. To do this on a chart would require a right click on the chart and select Data Series to change the session template.

4) NinjaTrader does offer a global crosshair feature. This option is below the option you selected to change the Curser to the Crosshair. You will need to change the curser mode icon on all charts to the Global CrossHair to have all charts tracked in sync.For reminder this option is the 7th icon from the right on the top of the chart.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
      Hello,

Thanks for your note.

Thanks for the compliments!

1) What do you mean on it lights up the borders, can you further clarify on this or possible even take a screenshot.
      Firstly, Happy new year to NinjaTeam.

I too experience a somewhat similar lights up phenomenon and the experience is reproducible !!!

My NT7 occupies about 75% of the desktop area. In the remaining 25%, I view one of the other applications.

Within a chart, When I set the cursor to 'cross hair', and move the mouse pointer, I notice that the other non NT7 window inside area flashes as if some lights are being switched on & off repeatedly. Again when I change the cursor to pointer, such phenomenon is NOT noticed. I feel that when a chart update is taking place, such lighting up happens.

To exactly show this phenomenon, a snap shot is not sufficient. A video clip explains it better. But I do not know how to take a video of a screen.

If you need any further info, I will try to provide.

Thanks.
      murthymsr

Comment

Hello,

Just so that I understand correctly, Its not actually the NinjaTrader window flashing its another application?

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
          Hello,

Just so that I understand correctly, Its not actually the NinjaTrader window flashing its another application?

I look forward to assisting you further.
          It is the other application flashing. This flashing of other window' takes place ONLY when 'cross hair' cursor is selected and when one moves the mouse / cross hair within the chart window. And when 'pointer' cursor is selected the flashing goes off. This occurs every time above selection is done without any exception. The flashing occurs within the other application only and not outside.

the other application I use in conjunction with NT is the broker's portfolio window which continuously fetches quotes from it's server. Quotes are fetched continuously and displayed in a tabular format like in the Market Analyzer of NT7.

I will try to take a snap of the two windows once with flashing and another without flashing. But I am not sure how well the flashing can be captured in an image, as the flashing takes place at a good speed, more than once every second

Thanks for your response.

murthymsr

Comment

Hello,

Screenshot not required in this case. As application response outside of NinjaTrader is outside of our control.

This sounds more like a video card driver, or video card issue then anything else on your PC.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by cre8able, Today, 01:16 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post cre8able  
            Started by chbruno, 04-24-2024, 04:10 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby