Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COM vs DLL

Afternoon,

I'm using the Com client inside my own dll's and working fine. Good success today with this Com interface . . . except on high volume move. So before going further I want to verify that Com should be as fast as dll interface, ie NTDiret.dll. Is this correct?

Thank you,
    Dox

Hello,

The COM interface is no longer supported. Therefor you would need to use the DLL interface.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

#1: is it going away or just not supported

#2: all your dll samples reference ESignal or TradeStation . . . where is a sample interface for 'other' software besides these two since . . . com is ?dead?
      [Because the problem is this: I don't use either of those two programs so I don't know anything about their scripts . . . and in the examples I can't tell what is script and what is not. A simple dll only example would solve many of the problems I see in past posts]

#3: you didn't answer my question as to whether com is fast as dll

Please answer all 3 questions.

Thanks,
      Dox
      Last edited by dox58333; 12-23-2010, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Hello,

It is not supported which means if it has not gone away yet it can at any time, I have no guarantee or further information I can provide on it if or when it will go away.

Also, we only provide samples for eSignal and Tradestation as these are the most popular. The only page we have above is the functions you have accessible to you through the DLL that you can access in your third party application. It would be up to you the developer to create your own application code to use these methods.

Comment

Let's come at it from a different perspective . . .

in the link you provided referencing the dll functions . . at the very top it says this:

"The DLL Interface functions are contained in NTDirect.dll located in the C:\WINDOWS\system32 folder."

I do not have the NTDirect.dll in this folder . . . so . . . hence the problem . . . there are no directions to place function calls to a dll that does not exist. Again . . . this would be quite easy if provided with a 'CLEAN' example.

Please.

Comment

Hello,

I have this on my side. If you do not have this on your side this would mean either your on an older version, or you do not have a good install of NinjaTrader.

Can you please let me know what version of NinjaTrader you are using this is located in the Control Center under Help->About and is to the right of the NinjaTrader logo.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Are you kidding or what?

Comment

Hello,

Please do a repair install of NinjaTrader. Goto Control Panel and Programs on your PC and select change and select the repair option to see if this will place the file where it should be.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by RubenCazorla, Today, 09:07 AM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                Started by i019945nj, 12-14-2023, 06:41 AM
                7 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB