• Show
Clear All

Unabel to connect nt to tws ibrokers

the title is clear: IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!!

I'm going crazy...

desperating!!!!

Comment

please HELP

I cannot connect NT to TWS, something is wrong!!! NT keeps saying "connecting" but never does!!!

Comment

Hello josechu,

Can you please check if you have TWS 918 installed. If so, you will need to install TWS 917 in order to connect to IB in NinjaTrader.

You can download and install TWS 917 from our IB connection guide at the link below.

If the issue remains, please double check if you followed all steps in the IB connection guide. Make sure the TWS API options are setup properly.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

bulit 917.8

that's what I have

Comment

I suggest to remove your current IB connection in NinjaTrader and create a new one using the step by step instructions listed in the connection guide. You should be able to connect to IB using those instructions. Make sure you enter the connection information properly (case sensitive) and check if you can get connected.

I am able to get connected to IB when using the instructions in the IB connection guide.
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Is there going to be a fix for this

Is there any ETA on this issue? I use other programs also which require the newer TWS so downgrading to 917 is not an option.

Connecting to IB via an API is very very simple. Do emphasize the need to fix it.

You may need the windows name stuff for auto-logon but most of us will not mind starting TWS independently instead of NT doing auto-logon as long as we can use the latest TWS.

Comment

Hello aviat72,

Unfortunately, there is no ETA for the support of TWS 918.8 at this time. I will forward your comments on to development for further consideration, however.
                KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

TWS may be worst data feed ever seen

I have installed 917 build got connection established with live account.Then Accept incoming connection. however once I start adding the stocks in the instrument manager like RIG, SPY all comes with error...""unable to subscribe market data. Please assign an additional exchange to this instument in the instrument manager". Once I connected to mbtrading live account no problemwith stocks. but I don't have future connected with mb so no future data.

Comment

Hello,

Interactive brokers requires and exchange setup for the instrument to request the data. Other providers do not require this however IB does.

To get data you will need to go to control center->tools->instrument manager->edit the stock->check the exchange it trades on.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

IB Connection bypass version dependance

Bypass the problem by configuring the IP setting of the NinjaTrader IB Connection with the IP of the machine. (instead of the local host 127.0.0.1). This will make a connection to the port without trying to start up TWS. Which wou will need to have up and running. Add the same IP to the Trusted IP Addresses in the API configuration or else accept the connection pop up from IB when NinjaTrader establishes a connection.

By the way no need to set name and password.
                      Last edited by HKinani; 08-11-2011, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HKinani View Post
                        Bypass the problem by configuring the IP setting of the NinjaTrader IB Connection with the IP of the machine. (instead of the local host 127.0.0.1).
                        Mate! I will buy you a beer if I could find you :-) Finally, one reasonable workaround !

To NT guys: Common guys! This is totally inappropriate to keep people waiting for some "ETA" etc. Simple solution even without any "new releases". Grow up please ! Half of your clients uses IB and don't want to use older IB versions: it is about money after all !

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
                          Hello,

Interactive brokers requires and exchange setup for the instrument to request the data. Other providers do not require this however IB does.

To get data you will need to go to control center->tools->instrument manager->edit the stock->check the exchange it trades on.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
                          Thanks Brett for the solution. However I am not going to do that tidious process going through 100s and 100s of tickers and edit exchange individually . Can't believe in this day and technology someone has to do that to make IB datafeed work. I will stick to MB or TDA (TD ameritrade) or esignal.

Comment

Originally posted by aviat72 View Post
                            Connecting to IB via an API is very very simple. Do emphasize the need to fix it.

You may need the windows name stuff for auto-logon but most of us will not mind starting TWS independently instead of NT doing auto-logon as long as we can use the latest TWS.
                            99% of all users unable to run NT on the latest TWS release just for saving the trouble of doing one mouseclick for maybe 1% to start TWS manually is a pretty high price to pay in my view.

Since there is an easy way to solve the problem (thanks @HKinani), this could have easily been fixed in the ....0.7 release by just adding a checkbox which lets the user choose if he wants auto logon or not. This could also make NT compatible to all newer TWS releases instantaneously.

Comment

Hello,

This is actually not the full case.

The auto start is not the reason why we do not allow future releases to be used. It is one of the reasons but is not all of the reasons.

There are many API changes from IB that we have to test and make sure they don't change how the connection works and many other changes that we need to test before we update. Yes you could go ahead and install the latest version of TWS and use that with the below fix. However it is not recommended, especially for traders that want something that simply works and works well.

We like to reduce chances for problems, this is the reason for this.

Let me know if there are further questions I can answer.

Comment

Gave up on IB TWS

TWS is a primitive platform so as IB's charts. I use TWS platform for their great comm. I am only using futures(/GC and /CL) from TWS and Mbtrading for the stocks in two different computers. So I am good. I hate to interact IB customer support . If I subscribe NT datafeed , I will pick anyone other than interactive brokers that much I can garauntee.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM
                                3 responses
                                1 like
                                Last Post PaulMohn  
                                Started by TheWhiteDragon, 01-21-2019, 12:44 PM
                                4 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post PaulMohn