Problem with IB, keeps opening the login screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brett:

The changes in IB API very rarely if ever break existing code. I use other commercial programs which use the IB API and they are able to update it, often in advance. It seems IB will share their upcoming releases with those vendors who are interested.

Comment

Hello,
      maybe you finally found the problem.
      But did you think about put tickers (instruments) in your API page on the TWS platform ?

Comment

Originally posted by mate41 View Post
        Hello,
        maybe you finally found the problem.
        But did you think about put tickers (instruments) in your API page on the TWS platform ?

Not sure I understand sorry.

Comment

Workaround

Just verified that the workaround suggested by HKinani works:
          - use your actual IP address (not localhost or 127.0.0.1) to connect to the TWS

This will circumvent NT's flawed Auto Login routine that apparently doesn't recognize that TWS is up on the local machine.

Checking Auto Login off really should just skip this routine, but it doesn't for some odd reason (as far as I can tell the Auto Login option actually does nothing).

The same work around can be used to connect to the IBG.

Jeremy
          Jeremytang
          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Shark Indicators

Comment

NinjaTrader_Brett, your comments about testing API stuff I think was the reason for claiming that NT does not connect to a "new" version of IB?

But surely the point about why it has stopped working is not that there has been an API change (other programs still work I find), but that they changed an undocumented aspect of the TWS that you happen to rely on, namely the way they caption the window title bar?
            And thus onus is on you to address it promptly rather than makes excuses?

Anyway many thanks to HKinani for the workaround.

Comment

Hello,

We will update our version of IB TWS at regular intervals with our releases as development tests and issues an update. Due to the number of releases IB has, we naturally will be behind them in releases simply since we do not release our product as often.

Also, our development team does update our supported version of TWS as needed.

As of current the supported version of TWS is still 917, you will find that we will almost always be behind IB current release due to the above facts and that we like to test our product integration and make sure everything works before we up our supported version.

Thanks for your understanding.

Comment

Hello,
                if this can help:
                i readed the full thread and nowhere it appears that the API-Orderpage must be filled on the TWS.
                This Orderpage has to be filled every time you connect to IB.
                This is what i have to do with version TWS 917.8.

Comment

IB resets itself on logging in

I seem to be able to log in to IB via Ninja Trader only about a tenth of attempts.

It shows the login screen, by the time I input my password and my security code, I then get a flash screen and it loads peaceably. But then Ninja Trader seems to kill the session, tries to restart with a fresh login screen, and I put in the login, password, and security code yet again, to come to the same thing, with a progressing progress bar at the bottom.

Is there a way to increase the delay that Ninja Trader waits before aborting the IB login ? It does seem to take a bit of time for me, and your system does not appear sufficiently patient.

For the avoidance of doubt, I have no intention of disarming the security code mechanism, and do not feel comfortable having Ninja Trader or any other system retain my username and password. If the delay of me inputting security is the problem, then there's a design issue here

PS: TWS 917.9a

PPS: it does work better when I turn off any other applications that use Java, but this is a nuisance to stop them and restart each time I want to log in to NJ/IB
                  Last edited by curmudgeon; 10-03-2011, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Hello,

Welcome to the support forums!

For assistance with login issues please email me at support at ninjatrader dot com. This way we can assist on your individual case.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

curmudgeon, you know you have to open your IB TWS BEFORE starting NT ? Starting FIRST the TWS and after that NT and then you can connect to IB within NT if IB was configured correctly.
                      Last edited by mate41; 10-03-2011, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Thank you VERY MUCH for your post. I'm runnung under XP and changing the IP address works great and has eliminated my worry of not being able to take advantage of the latest versions of TWS. Now, if you could just get my strategies running as well!

Comment

Problem with IB, keeps opening the login screen

Lo siento, no domino el idioma ingles, pero en un foro español, he visto esta solucion que funciona y puedes tener la ultima version de la TWS, por lo tanto el merito no es mio.. Quizas a alguien le pueda interesar, el link es este: http://www.x-trader.net/foro/viewtopic.php?t=15459
                          El texto dice:Hay una "cutre" solución para eso. Yo la utilizo y me vale, hasta que los de NT se decidan a arreglar la chorrada.

Antes de darle a NT7 a conectar con la TWS, te vas a (en NT7) Tools->Account Connections... Eliges la conexión que utilizas para conectarte con la TWS y le das a modificar. Avanzas hasta la parte donde pones tu nombre de usuario , contraseña, etc.... para identificarte en IB. Pues bien, en el tercer campo: Host (Optional), tendrás la IP local de tu máquina (127.0.0.1). La quitas y pones la IP actual que tengas (si es una IP fija no la tendrás que cambiar nunca más, si fuese dinámica la tienes que cambiar siempre antes de que conectas NT7 a la TWS). Con eso todo solucionado. Yo utilizo la TWS 920.4 y haciendo esto no hay problemas (se tarda 10 segundos en cambiarlo).
                          Un saludo y espero que a alguien le sirva de ayuda.

PD: Los que no sepan español, pues ha utilizar el traductor.

Comment

Ok,

Downloaded the new TWS, did the IP hack on Friday, and it worked great except for one little glitch DJIA would not load. Today TWS would not log on. Arrrrrgggghhhh. Had to reinstall TWS 917_8 and lost all my settings again. First time was because I didn't know there was a glitch, this time for getting cute.
                            Last edited by Maxlobster; 12-12-2011, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Any issues with logging into IB please email me at support at ninjatrader dot com. This way we can assist on your individual case.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

NT7 works great with TWS 917_8, but if you download the latest TWS it doesn't work. You can change the IP address on both TWS and NT to use the machine's IP address and it's a quick fix. (Helpful hint: If you use this hack and DHCP, be sure to set your router to reserve an IP for your computer's MAC address otherwise your machine's IP address might change.) But why do I have to mess with this, is it too much to ask that NinjaTrader update the interface module for TWS a few months after the new TWS is released?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by funk10101, Today, 12:02 AM
                                1 response
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
                                Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
                                1 response
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick