Problem with IB, keeps opening the login screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with IB, keeps opening the login screen

Hello I'm using NT V7.0.1000.1 sim version with win7 64bit and I'm trying to connect to IB for realtime data or historical.

I create a IB connection but even when Connect on startup and Auto logon is not checked it keeps opening my login window to IB. Even if I enter my username and pass then after connecting to IB, after few seconds auto disconnect and opening the login screen to TWS again.

I have tried to repair the DB and make the connection again with IB but nothing, the same problem. Even saying not to Auto logon it opening the login screen to IB.

What can I Do??

Hello,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forums!

Please clarify the steps you are taking to connect to Interactive Brokers & then NinjaTrader.

What version of Interactive Brokers’ TWS you are using?
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Merry Christmas,

I have tried many version of TWS 906, 909, 912 but every one has the same results.

I have tried first to connect to TWS and then to open NT and connect and I have tried to connect to TWS through NT giving user name and pass. Either way when i push connect popup the login screen of TWS and disconect the session and this continuing all the time, connecting to TWS after few seconds disconnecting and again popup the login screen of TWS connecting - disconnecting etc

In NT down left never says connected but always connecting InteractiveBrokers. After 3-4 times logging in and out to TWS stops trying.

Comment

Hello

Please first uninstall any other versions of Interactive Brokers TWS and then download/install version 911. This is the NinjaTrader-supported version of TWS which you can access here:

Let me know if this issue persists.

Comment

Same behavior with 911 downloaded from your link. Keeps popup the login screen of TWS and when I enter my username and password connects to IB and few seconds later disconect and popup the login screen again.

Comment

Hello

Please send your Log & Trace files for NinjaTrader for one of the dates that this took place.

You can send them through the NinjaTrader platform by going to Help > Mail to Support…

Please also include a reference to this forum thread.

Thank you,

Comment

Hi I have the same problem. Can I know how this problem can be solved? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by lim_jin_sheng View Post
                Hi I have the same problem. Can I know how this problem can be solved? Thanks.
                What version of TWS are you using? You can check under TWS -> Help -> About

With the current version of NinjaTrader, it is critical that you use TWS version 917.

Please uninstall your existing version via the Windows Control Panel, and then install 917 via the following link:

http://www.ninjatrader.com/ninjatrader/TWS/tws40_install_917_8.exe

Once TWS 917 has been installed, please ensure that the configuration in our Connection Guide for TWS has been completed.

The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to Interactive Brokers and specific connection configuration information.

Click here to take me to the Interactive Brokers Connection Guide
                MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

I've got the same problem.
                  I use NT infrequently, probably the last time was before the last TWS upgrade (now 918.6).
                  Before running NT I would already have TWS running. In my NT connection config screen I have no UN and PW stored.
                  Normally, I select Connect/IB in NT and it just connects to the running copy of TWS

Now (no change to NT version or config), TWS prompts with a login dialog and when I complete that tells it has a copy running already, NT log meassage is just "Timeout ... (LoginFailed)".

So, if I stop TWS and try connecting, the process seems to run in that I see the login dialog and then my default TWS layout launches, but then it disappears and the login screen is there again! So that's no fix!

NT = 7.0.1000.5 (Why don't they make that clipboard-able).

PS: I also sometimes use the XLQ (qmatrix) shim to access IB data from VB6 and COM, that still works fine (ie it connects to the running TWS and gets data).
                  Last edited by DaveDave; 06-28-2011, 03:57 AM.

Comment

Hello DaveDave,

You will need to have TWS 917 installed. Similar connection issues have been reported by other customers when TWS 918 is installed. Please install TWS 917 from the IB connection guide at the link below.

Please let me know if the error persists after you installed TWS 917.

Unfortunately, I am not sure what you mean by 'clipboard-able' - could you please clarify?
                    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, Ah, don't really want to downgrade TWS 918, can you say when there will be a fix to NT? When I saw the 917 mention in Mathew's post I assumed he meant >= 917.

"clipboard-able", ie from the NT About dialog I want to be able to either mark and copy the version text, or have a button "Copy version text to clipboard" so I don't have to manually copy it to my post!

Comment

Unfortunately we do not support TWS 918 - we only support TWS 917 as per the IB connection guide below.

The connection issue is caused by a change in the windows caption of TWS 918. Because of this change in TWS, NinjaTrader is no longer able to find the running TWS instance and subsequently it gets into a loop.

I will forward your suggestion to be able to copy and paste the 7 numbers that make the NinjaTrader version number at Control Center-->Help-->About.

Comment

Unfortunately we do not support TWS 918 - we only support TWS 917
                          Is that a statement of company policy and thus there will be no support for any future versions of TWS, and hence in time NT will be completely unusable with TWS as there will be changes that make a TWS upgrade essential to continue to use TWS.

I can't believe that this doesn't simply require a programming fix.

Comment

Currently, we only support TWS 917. However this will be updated in the future, but I do not have an ETA yet. I suggest to keep an eye out on the IB connection to check what TWS version is supported.

Comment

Hello lim_jin_sheng,

Can you please check if the TWS API options are setup as per the IB connection at the link below.

Please double check all other settings as well and let me know if the error message persists.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Waxavi
                              by Waxavi

Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
                              0 responses