Collapse

Problem with IB, keeps opening the login screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When possible, we update our supported version of IBs Traders Work Station at regular intervals with each new NinjaTrader release. Due to the number of releases IB has, we may be behind their current release, simply because we may not update our platform at the same time they do. It is also important to note that we can only begin testing new versions of TWS once those releases have been publicly made available, this also contributes to the time required to update the to the our supported version of TWS.

Comment

Use host 127.0.0.2 for your connection and add it to TWS API Trusted IP addresses then you can use any version of TWS.

Comment

The oldest version of TWS available is 920... I'm not going to do some workaround involving ip addresses and all that, who knows what kind of problems will then ensue?

Comment

flyguy767,
          the exact procedure would be:
          1- change the local IP address in the API configuration to 127.0.0.2 (only that, not other address)
          2- change the TWS login .../Jts/jts address also to 127.0.0.2 with a textwriter
          3- change the IB account on NT also to 127.0.0.2

This works with TWS version 921.5 Nov 23/2011

Comment

We supply TWS version 917 that we currently support here also.

Comment

Thanks Mate41,
              I posted a more detailed procedure on another thread some time ago that's buried somewhere in here.
              For the benefit of the newbies and the more hesitant NT users that may look at this thread I want to break this into two parts.

1 - IB TWS and more so the IB Gateway are designed to have more than one connection at the same time and they are set to the default value of 127.0.0.1 for the Host. For this reason this default value most be left in the API Trusted IP setup. If you want to allow additional computers and or software to connect to TWS using different Host IP addresses then you would add the new IP's to the API Trusted IP setup page. The most common use for this would be using TWS as a server running on one computer and being accessed by one or more computers in your secure network.

2 - NT comes with the universal default value of 127.0.0.1 for the Account setup and works fine for the approved Version 917 of TWS. In order to use the advanced capabilities of the later versions of TWS I can change the Host to 127.0.0.2 and continue normal use of NT.

I tried it before and I would suggest you skip the text edit of the JTS login because if you LEAVE the 127.0.0.1 in and ADD the 127.0.0.2 to the TWS API Trusted Address setup every other software program trying to connect to IB will be looking for the address of 127.0.0.1 and it won't be there. I have several programs I connect to TWS and one of them is hardcoded to 127.0.0.1. I run all these programs at the same time with no conflicts.

This is just my experience and I appreciate yours.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
                When possible, we update our supported version of IBs Traders Work Station at regular intervals with each new NinjaTrader release. Due to the number of releases IB has, we may be behind their current release, simply because we may not update our platform at the same time they do. It is also important to note that we can only begin testing new versions of TWS once those releases have been publicly made available, this also contributes to the time required to update the to the our supported version of TWS.
                This is just BS. You do not "update our supported version of IBs Traders Work Station at regular intervals with each new NinjaTrader release."

This is the second NT update since this problem started. Atleast at a bare minumium stop the Bull$hit about being behind IBs TWS latest update. You have updated NT twice now over 7 months and I was just stunned to see this was not fixed when opening the release notes.

So let me quess we should just wait another 4 month for the next update and see that you haven't got it fixed and cannot give an ETA on the fix after 1 year.
                Last edited by Tremblinghandtrader; 12-14-2011, 03:41 AM.

Comment

flyguy767,
                  the problem when 2 IP adresses (127.0.0.1 and 127.0.0.2) are configured, and a TWS in running, when starting NT a new TWS login appear to login and you can't do it with the same login-name.
                  I don't have a second login-name so can't test it.
                  I resolved that all as you can see on my post below.

Comment

All,

We evaluated the latest TWS build 922 for inclusion into NinjaTrader 7.8. Unfortunately that TWS version has a severe, new issue in the API which prevents NT to properly work with IB TWS. The issue is routed to IB development and they are looking into it.

For our current new release we have opted to remain on the current 917 version to insure that this connection continues to work correctly for the clients that use it.

We will evaluate IB TWS updated build again when it becomes available.

-Brett

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post ghoul
                    by ghoul

Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
                    3 responses