Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot connect to IB Paper Trading Account

Hi,

I have a multibroker license of NT7 and tried to establish connections to Interactive Brokers (IB). IB does have the nice possibility of an additional paper trading account, where I would like to test my NT strategies without real money.

Without any problems I can create an account connection to my live trading account at IB. My live trading account name does automatically show up in the account selection box. Works fine!!

However, when I try to do the same for my IB paper trading account, it does not work. My simulation account name never shows up.

And yes I can create an simulation account in the dialog window options/simulator, but this does not solve my problem, because it never connects to the real IB paper trading account.

Any hints?

Thx, Peter

Hello Peter,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please tell me what version of NinjaTrader you currently have installed by going to Help-->About. If you do not have NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.1 installed please upgrade at the link I have provided below.

Next please install IB Standalone TWS 911 at the link I have provided below.

If the issue persists can you please tell me what accounts are available from the Accounts drop down menu when connected to your IB Paper Trading account.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Christopher,

Thx for your immediate response!!

I had the last NT version installed and downloaded the last TWS version now. However the problem persists. There seems to be a general problem in the communication with my IB paper trading account, because NT does not get any data, when I just log into my IB paper trading account. And there is also no account available from the drow down box.

The data problem can be solved by connecting to the real-time account. But in the drop down box only the name of the IB real-time account shows up (and of course the sim accounts I created in NT).

Thx, Peter

Comment

Problem is solved: The settings within the Simulation TWS where wrong (socket.... was not selected). My assumption was, that the settings are the same like in the Real-time TWS, because you double click the same TWS icon.

Anyway, THX!!!

Comment

Glad to hear you are up and running.

Have a great day and please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
          Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by tkaboris, Today, 05:13 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post tkaboris  
          Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
          16 responses
          0 likes