Stop reversal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop reversal

I want to reverse a position if the strategy is negative a certain amount. Then I want it to continue with the strategy parameters.

I tried setting each "Set" with different rules . The first set would have the first set of rules to go long,the second Set 2 would have the condition to reverse but then would Set 3 have to restate Set 1 strategy rules?.Set 3 has the strategy rules to go short.

When I run it it generates trades on every bar.

Is each Set in the wizard a separate order. I assumed they execute in numeric order. I guess not. How can I get an executed stop to reverse the trade and keep my strategy running?

If I set stops in the "Stop and Target window, then I would be out of the position but it never seems to execute the stop.(That is anouther story). I assumed that it would stop me out then reinstiute the strategy.

Hello Sircher,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

Each set is evaluated independently. It does proceed in order and evaluate set 1, then 2. If conditions are true for a set, then the actions are processed.

If you want to do a reverse at stop, you can use the enter methods, EnterLongStop() and EnterShortStop()

If they are submitted while already in a position, they will reverse the position. You can do market position checks and only submit these when long and short, depending on the order. Please see here for additional help with the condition builder.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanM View Post
      Hello Sircher,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

Each set is evaluated independently. It does proceed in order and evaluate set 1, then 2. If conditions are true for a set, then the actions are processed.

If you want to do a reverse at stop, you can use the enter methods, EnterLongStop() and EnterShortStop()

If they are submitted while already in a position, they will reverse the position. You can do market position checks and only submit these when long and short, depending on the order. Please see here for additional help with the condition builder.
      is there a way to automate the reversal. I get a long signal under Set 1 rules, I automatically am entered long. If the market goes against me a certain amount, is there a way to automatically state when to reverse and then reverse using EnterShortStop? Do I enter a command in Set 2 or do I enter it in Set 1. There is no "IF" condition in this wizard, or is there? i.e. IF position long, then when negative say x amount. go short.

Comment

Sircher, you would enter under a new set then if the market position is long and PnL is < > x then do your action...those properties are available in the wizard as well under the 'strategy' entry -

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...on_builder.htm (Market Position comparisons)
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for your reply. I have two other questions.
          1. If I want the trade to reverse if my current position is -$5000 do I say if Unrealized PnL is > -5000 or < than -5000 since -10000 is less than -5000?
          2. The definition of drawdown is not clear. It says if your account is $25000 and it goes to $50000 and then down to $40,000 then back up to $60000, the drawdown is $10000 or 20%. My question is. what are you starting with? When I do a strategy backtest from say 12/09/2009 to 12/9/2010 I am starting with zero account size and if my drawdown comes out at 20%, is that 20% of my accumulated profit at that point or is it a percentage of a simulated account of say x amount of dollars?

Comment

1. If I want the trade to reverse if my current position is -$5000 do I say if Unrealized PnL is > -5000 or < than -5000 since -10000 is less than -5000?
            You want to check when Unrealized PnL < -5000 is true. The reverse of this statement is true when your unrealized pnl is zero.

Drawdown is a decrease in account value and the example highlights the max drawdown for a sequence. The sequence of the example is important to follow.
            1. 25,000
            2. 50,000
            3. 40,000
            4. 60,000

10,000 represents the biggest loss in account value and takes place between step 2 and 3.
            Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Rapine Heihei, 04-23-2024, 07:51 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Max238
            by Max238

Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM
            24 responses