Did I Set This Up Right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did I Set This Up Right?

Hello. My second attempt at an ATM. I was wondering if someone could give me feedback on this before I test it to see if I have it set up correctly. Basically I am looking to trade two contracts. I want to set an initial stop of 5 ticks for both. I want to take a profit on one contract at 5 ticks. At this time the stop will be moved to breakeven for the remaining contract. I then want the remaining contract to have a trailing stop of 8 ticks. I have attached JPEG's of the ATM and Stop Strategy. Your feedback is much appreciated.

Best Regards
    Chuck
    Attached Files
    Last edited by maxreturn; 12-28-2010, 02:25 PM.

Hi Chuck,

Thank you for your post.

In reviewing your desired ATM strategy and the setup I have included screenshots on how this ATM strategy would be designed.

For the general ATM strategy there is no Stop Strategy on the first target since the Profit Target will exit that 1 contract, and then the Stop Strategy will be active for the remaining target.

Additionally, I have modified the Auto-Breakeven and Auto-Trail properties based a trailing 8 tick stop loss order. The Auto-Breakeven will be active at 5 ticks in profit and move your stop loss to 3 ticks below entry price which will be 8 ticks below the last traded price when the last traded price is equal to the Profit Trigger.

The Auto-Trail then takes over and moves the stop loss to always be 8 ticks behind the last traded price regardless of how far the trade progresses.

I would create the ATM strategy the same as the screenshots I have provided and then connect to the Simulated Data Feed to test this ATM strategy that it behaves as you would like. More information at:
    Attached Files
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanOlson View Post
      Hi Chuck,

Thank you for your post.

In reviewing your desired ATM strategy and the setup I have included screenshots on how this ATM strategy would be designed.

For the general ATM strategy there is no Stop Strategy on the first target since the Profit Target will exit that 1 contract, and then the Stop Strategy will be active for the remaining target.

Additionally, I have modified the Auto-Breakeven and Auto-Trail properties based a trailing 8 tick stop loss order. The Auto-Breakeven will be active at 5 ticks in profit and move your stop loss to 3 ticks below entry price which will be 8 ticks below the last traded price when the last traded price is equal to the Profit Trigger.

The Auto-Trail then takes over and moves the stop loss to always be 8 ticks behind the last traded price regardless of how far the trade progresses.

I would create the ATM strategy the same as the screenshots I have provided and then connect to the Simulated Data Feed to test this ATM strategy that it behaves as you would like. More information at:
      http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...connection.htm
      Ryan, thanks for the clear, logical explanation. Makes total sense to me. I'm starting to get the hang of this so I shouldn't have to bother you much any more. Once again thanks for the excellent customer service.

Best Regards
      Chuck

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
      Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
      3 responses