X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chaining strategy and event

1. Is it possible to chain strategy ?

Scenario:

Strategy A is running long position and stop/target reached, and I want to run strategy A again automaticallystill with long position. Since NT have Auto Reverse why not Auto Continue ? or did I miss something ?

2. How to specify an entry with only thetarget set ?
    Thanks,

afifio

imported post

1. Can't do that. Never heard of that request. At your last target, why not just place an additional stop entry order for the same contract size as the strategy one, once filled add targets and adjust accordingly?

2. Can't have only targets. Need stops.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

All this is using simulation mode.

1. You're right. Okay, how about this scenario:

I'm 1 position long with a tight stop and wide limit. Stop filled. Now I want new entry to bethe same as beforebut at the new price - 1 long with a tight stop and wide limit, accumulating loss along the way.How do I do that ?

I have tried combination of 2 reversal strategy which alternate each other at stop but didn't work.

2. If I'm both long and short with same number of contract at the same price in the same future contract, Accounts tab show 0 position open with average P/L = 0, right ?. Does that mean I'm actually not trading anything?, if yes, why the positions showing profit and loss ? What actually happened in the background when I close 1 of the 2 position....say close short?

3. I'm trying to create a personal trading program for myself fromTM and interested on how do you handle position keeping since TM doesn't have that capability. could you elaborate a bit about how do you accomplish that ? Do you really need to create PosId and not using OrderIdfor position keeping?

4. Could you add programming capability into NT ? or you'll wait for TM to incoporate it ?

5. How do I get price datafeed using OIF ? Is it possible ?

Thanks for answering.

afifio

Comment

imported post

1. Use autoreverse at stop, select the same strategy as the first strategy

2. It means your account is flat but you have two opposing strategies that are virtually managing positions. If you close your short (buying 2 contracts) you then have 2 contracts long in your account which equals the position strategy that you had for 2 contracts long.

3. I am not sure sure what you mean by position keeping.

4. Down the road some time. If you are interested in truly building your own ATS programmatically, please take a look at www.trademagic.net, this is owned by NinjaTrader and is what our products are built off of.

5. No, see answer #4.

Comment

imported post

Hi again

1. I think you missed something there.
          I'm 1 position long with a tight stop and wide limit. Stop filled. Now I want new entry to bethe same as beforebut at the new price - 1 long with a tight stop and wide limit.
          [align=left]If I reverse wouldn't that made me 1 short with a tight stop and wide limit? The final result (in a graph) would be a whipsaw (w) shape but what I want is a down slope shape (\).

2. Ok.Now what happen iftwo opposing strategies that are virtually managing positions atdifferent price ?

Price at 1005 [/align]

[align=left][Strategy A Long 1000] [/align]

[align=left][Strategy B Short 1010]
          [/align]
          It means your account is flat but you have two opposing strategies that are virtually managing positions. If you close your short (buying 2 contracts) you then have 2 contracts long in your account which equals the position strategy that you had for 2 contracts long.
          3. Virtually managing positions.

4. Thanks, May I ask how many are there in your development team ? In the company ?

Thanks for taking your time to answer these questions.

afifio

Comment

imported post

1. Please give me absolute values in your example so I can properly understand what you are aftern.

2. What do you mean what happens? How about trying this in the simulator and see how it operates.

We are a small company with 7 people.

Comment

imported post

Hi,

Nevermind, manage to get it working. Thanks anyway

afifio

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM