Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems connecting to IB

Hello,

I have setup everything according to the instructions. When I go to NT and click on Connect > Interactive Brokers I get a popup where my username and password are filled in. Then the TWS platform starts up.

Now after about 10 seconds the TWS platform shuts down and NT tries to start it up again. This goes on for three times and then NT gives up.

I can't seem to connect to my TWS platform.

I have also tried to start my TWS platform first and then start NT. But then NT tries to start TWS twice because the popup still comes up with the username and password resulting in TWS asking whether or not to quit the other session.

I'm pretty stuck here.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards.

Oh by the way. I'm using TWS 913, Windows 7 64 bit and NT7

Comment

siroki, please work with the TWS 911 version and review this 'sticky' here for IB connectivity - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=36445

For NT7 current release you would need to start the TWS manually and then connect from NT.
      BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I've read something about NT7 not being able to connect to "white labeled" TWS versions. I'm with Lynx so I don't think it's even possible right?

Comment

This is correct, unfortunately white labeled TWS are not supported for connecting.

Comment

On the Interactive Brokers download page version 911 is listed under "Mac previous version. "

I'm not finding a Windows 911 version, previous Windows is listed as 913. So what version is currently supported for IB connectivity for a 64bit Vista OS?

Comment

Hi jeff p,

Thank you for your post.

You can find the supported version of TWS at the following link:

This will be available for 64 bits, and then you can use the 64 bit version of NinjaTrader 7 to connect.
              The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to Interactive Brokers and specific connection configuration information.
              Click here to take me to the Interactive Brokers Connection Guide
              Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Does NT have any updates on the integration / testing with a working version of TWS? It does not appear that NT has much urgency around this issue. I suppose it does not keep us from trading, but it is a major inconvenience and has resulted in lost trades. The reason is that to check status in TWS you have to disconnect NT from TWS. Then you can get out of sync with positions etc. There is a released TWS that has a working API for NT to use. Why doesn't this get "blessed?"

Comment

tradetree, the current supported version is still the 911 as listed on our connection guide page, for the identified FF / FA account IB API issue, we're currently testing 914 and provide an update when ready.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
                  4 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post DynamicTest  
                  Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
                  4 responses
                  0 likes