Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple Question: Importing historical data from IB-TWS

Tickers: Underlying:AGN Symbol:AEND

I want to add a chart from the foregoing asset from Interactive Brokers to NinjaTrader. I only have access to historical data. The asset is listed in the dutch AEX-index and the exchange is AEB but probably I need the data from the SMART-IB provider (I guess (IBIS)). Please let me know how to do this...

I need to know what to enter in this window:

And this window:

Hello edikt

Welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forums!

I was unable to locate this exact symbol on Interactive Brokers’ Products & Exchange page. Please provide the instrument link so that I can assist further. (link)

I was able to set this symbol up using Yahoo in case it helps provide any guidance in the interim (see screenshots)
    Attached Files
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hey Chip,
      Thanks for your answer! The Yahoo quotes can also be of use for me. This is the link to the aegon nv page. http://www.interactivebrokers.co.uk/...conid=39089692

The asset (aegon nv) can be found under every european=>dutch stock market center in the IB product listings. It can also be found on some other market centers european=>german XETRA(IBIS) for example.

Comment

Hello,

For exchange try Default.

Then for Interactive brokers symbol map in the MIsc tab put in AGN.

You may need to also check mark the exchange that it actually trades on so you have both Default and the exchange for the instrument selected. However this is only needed if you get an error trying to pull up the instrument with only Default checked.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Hey i got it working I found out that CHIXEN is the free dataprovider for this asset when I type in AGN|CHIXEN in TWS.

Definition:
          Tick Size: 0.001 Currency: Euro
          Exchanges: AEB/Default

Misc:
          Interactive Brokers: AGN|CHIXEN
          Very nice!! I'm getting a smooth chart right now. The only two things I'm still trying to find out are whether it's possible to route the asset via SMART instead of CHIXEN and whether it's possible to extend the chart beyond 365 days. When I try AGN|SMART ninjatrader returns an error when loading the chart. And when I try 730 days the chart still stays at 365 days and doesn't change while the chart in IB goes way back to 2008(AGN|CHIXEN).

Comment

Hello,

You are currently routing the CHIXEN exchange. The order should go through if this is the correct exchange this instrument uses. No need to use SMART.

Comment

Ok I understand but what you're saying is that there is no way to get SMART working with ninjatrader?
              The stock quotes go back just one year in ninjatrader while they go way back to two years in IB that's why I'd like to try SMART.

Comment

Hello,

This is Correct.

Comment

Data from IB Smart

just to confirm..... is it not possible using default exchange on instrument manager to get historical data from IB Smart? Do I have to sign up to an exchange to get historical US stock data on a chart?

I see SMART quotes on my TWS but cannot get charts to load. Always get "no data permissions for NYSE STK" message.

Regards

Comment

Hello everington_f,

Thanks for your post.

Both Default and the correct exchange need to be checked however you can then get data with the default exchange selected.
                    I will continue to assist you with this on the other forum topic that you inquired on. Please keep all your inquiries on this on 1 forum topic: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=38986
                    BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by lorem, Today, 09:18 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post lorem
                    by lorem

Started by hazylizard, Today, 08:38 AM
                    4 responses