Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot Import Scripts to NT7 with NT6.5 still installed

Guys,

I just installed NT 7 (current) and cannot import any indicators. I followed the 6.5 -> 7 migration instructions and still have 6.5 installed. (So I wonder if this is a PATH thing where NT 7 "sees" the NT 6.5 files somehow.)

In any case the error dialog I get is attached.

The error states "you have custom NinjaScript files on your PC that have programming errors. These errors must be resolved before you can import a NinjaScript Archive File."
    Attached Files

crmcwi, the issue should not be having NT 6.5 installed as well - if you compile your current NT7 NinjaScripts - what error(s) would show at the bottom of the editor?
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok, so Bertrand, from what you wrote, do I need to compile my NT 7 scipts before I try to import any new scripts? I haven't added any scripts to my newly installed NT 7. I assumed the scripts that ship with NT 7 were compiled already.

Comment

Yes, please try a recompile in this case to see where the issues would stem from - I suspect some DLL references issues.

Comment

I'm having the same problems. I installed NT7 but can't import scripts. My NT 6.5 I can import so that tells me there's no errors on that software, but no luck on NT 7. I need to install some indicators to start using it, but no luck. below is a pic of the mistakes I get. apparently the fact that it doesn't come with Woodies CCI and Pivots and that Jurik indicator might be the source of the problem...
          Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'd love to start migrating to NT7. Thanks
          NickF
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Your missing a reference on the PC:

Please take the following steps:

Open NinjaTrader
            From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
            Select an indicator and double click on it.
            A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select References.

Then select the Add button and then add the following file, it will be in the directory it opens up to by default:

NinjaTrader.Vendor

Now finally press F5 to recompile. There should no longer be any error and you will be able to import your NinjaScript.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

I don't have that Ninja.Vendor file on the folder that opens up. I do have NinjaTrader.Core.dll and WilsonORMapper.dll

Will any of these work or is there a place I can download NinjaTrader.vendor?

Thanks
              Nick.
              Attached Files

Comment

Please extract the zip attached in the bin > custom folder, this should give you the missing NT Vendor.Dll back into the correct folder, then readd to the list of references as Brett outlined in his prior post and you should be good to compile your assembly.

Thanks,
                Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by elirion, Today, 01:36 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post elirion
                by elirion