Instrument Settings for SB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Instrument Settings for SB

I have posted this three times, and it was confirmed several times that you have forwarded this to development but there is no reaction so far.

For SB there is no contract month 01-11. Could you please delete it once and forever.

I have deleted this contract month already 30 or 40 times, but everytime I connect to Kinetick/Interactive Brokers, NinjaTrader recreates the contract, overriding my decision to delete it.

Could you please allow for users to choose the contract months they want to use and not reload them all the time?
    Last edited by Harry; 01-03-2011, 01:49 PM.

Will check up on the status of this in our feedback list for you.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

SB 01-11, 01-10, and any other January contracts have been removed. You should no longer see them if you delete them one more time.

Comment

I have made an instrument reset today. Guess what happened. Lots of noisy popups. The SB contract 01-11 reappeared and I have to delete it again and change all the rollover dates. For the next year or so, I will only do instrument resets with my laptop, as I do not think that there is any hope that even the 50 most liquid contracts will be correctly entered.

I have now asked about 5 or 10 times that this SB contract is removed, it looks like an impossible task.Sorry for being blunt.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
        SB 01-11, 01-10, and any other January contracts have been removed. You should no longer see them if you delete them one more time.

Comment

SB 01-11 does not exist anywhere on the servers. If you do Reset Instruments it will show up because you are resetting to your version of NT's factory defaults. There would have been no way the factory defaults would be any different after what we did on the server's end versus what it was before. That would require you to reinstall some kind of hotfix version of NT which is not available. Basically if you want to use Reset Instruments to have 01-11 removed you need to wait till the next version when the factory defaults included in your NT version are updated as well. In the meantime, you will just need to remove them by hand and it will not be redownloaded from the server because it does not exist on the server.

Comment

Was not aware that resetting would reset to factory defaults and not to current values stored on your servers.

I understood that an instrument reset is necessary to comply with instrument changes that have occured since the install of NinjaTrader. So if an exchange changes some of its rules or instruments, the instrument reset should update settings and instruments to reflect the necessary changes.

How can this be achieved, if you reset to factory default? That does not make sense!

Comment

No, if an exchange changes something we always release a hotfix and put out advisories on required NT versions to see those changes.

Comment

Hi Josh,

thanks for explaining.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by samish18, Yesterday, 08:31 AM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post elirion