Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alerts stopped triggering !

Hello NinjaTeam,

I have set 2 alert conditions in MA window and the same were triggering and alerts window is getting populated till 2 days back.

I have made no changes subsequently, as far as my knowledge goes.

The alert settings on CrossOver() conditions are seen even now.

But since yesterday, I am not getting the alerts fired.

Please advise me what all I should check to the alerts back.

Thanks in advance.
    murthymsr

murthymsr, do you have the Alerts window still open to get them triggered? Do you see any errors in your log tab on the right side of the Control Center?

Which exact NT version # are you working on currently? You can check it under Help > About.

Thanks,
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Bertrand, for all your efforts to help me.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      murthymsr, do you have the Alerts window still open to get them triggered?
      Yes.

Do you see any errors in your log tab on the right side of the Control Center?
      I get the below quoted error many times. Also I used this indicatior many times in MA window and the chart window. This is an indicator with many cases, each outputting a different parameter. Which is better, running a single indicator with different case options and with a common environment or a separate indicator for each column of MA?

"2011-01-05 19:50:01|3|4|Error on calling 'OnBarUpdate' method for indicator 'AllInOne7' on bar 0: You are accessing an index with a value that is invalid since its out of range. I.E. accessing a series [barsAgo] with a value of 5 when there are only 4 bars on the chart."

What does this mean? But what to do to overcome it? Will I get this error only while running a chart or with a column in the Market Analyzer window also?

Which exact NT version # are you working on currently? You can check it under Help > About.

Thanks,

Sorry for bothering with so many questions, unless I query, I will not learn and prevent the mistake in future.
      Thanks for your responses and support as always.
      murthymsr

Comment

You are welcome - you likely miss a vital check at the OnBarUpdate() start of your indicator code - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=3170

If you work with multiple series in the indicator, it would need to extended to cover those Add()'ed as well.

Yes, this error might trigger while running the indicator from any window - the MA could only plot one value, so I feel different indicators to cover all options needed would be good for your case.

Comment

Thanks Bertrand, I could overcome the problem, but for some minor issues.

Code:
          if (CurrentBar < 2)
          Return;
          did solve the error. I am yet to be convinced with the significance of the number '2',

I have within the indicator, Bollinger Band with 20 Periods, RSI with 14 periods, PPO with 26 periods used within the indicator. With values other than '2', I get unexpected results.

Secondly, while going through the Log, I have noticed an orange (Warning color) entry which reads:

"Session Break ( Version 7.0.1000.1 )"

What does this entry mean & any thing needs to be done about this?

While viewing the log, I felt, if there is an additional column to indicate the TYPE of entry (Information / Warning / Error / Alert, based on which the log entry row is colored), location of similar items will be easy by clicking the TYPE column header.

Thanks as always.
          murthymsr
          Last edited by murthymsr; 01-05-2011, 12:25 PM.

Comment

It would depend on how many bars you look back in the series used to arrive at your calcs - what do you mean by unexpected results? Are you giving the indicators enough bars / data to init properly? In the MA there's a bars to load property in the general properties, this would need to be high enough to arrive at meaningful output values.

Thanks for the useful log suggestion, the session break is just to inform you of a new session using NinjaTrader, typically seen after a restart.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
              It would depend on how many bars you look back in the series used to arrive at your calcs - what do you mean by unexpected results? Are you giving the indicators enough bars / data to init properly? In the MA there's a bars to load property in the general properties, this would need to be high enough to arrive at meaningful output values.

Thanks for the useful log suggestion, the session break is just to inform you of a new session using NinjaTrader, typically seen after a restart.
              Sorry, it was not unexpected results. It was ununderstood results.
              It was with the RSI indicator column, which sometimes shows blank, sometimes fixed value of 50 and other times only meaningful values. As I have gone into the code of the RSI Indicator part, it was coded that way.

Session break in orange color (Color code : 'Warning' has raised undue alarm, as that was the only colored row in my log entries now).
              It may be more logical if it is in 'Information color'.

Now that my indicator is errorfree, I hope to get alerts fired in the Alerts window. Will watch in the next market session and will inform.

Regards.
              murthymsr
              Last edited by murthymsr; 01-05-2011, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion - please monitor your alerts and let us know if they work as expected for you with the applied code changes in.

Comment

Hello Bertrend,

I have watched the triggering of alerts after correcting the code

The original MA window was not triggering the alerts as expected.

I have created an identical MA window with a different name and the alerts are triggering as expected. Probably, the original MA window also some problem in addition to the indicator code.

Thanks for your help in solving the problem.

I was looking out for a search facility wherein I can view different NT commands ( Like the Alert(0) command ), as they were implemented in a working indicator posted at the forum. The will make learning the coding easy. If such a search possible, please advise.

Regards.
                  murthymsr

Comment

I'm glad to hear your MA Alerts are working now again for you - for the NinjaScript methods, I would suggest you review our language reference from the helpguide - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h..._reference.htm

That would be a good starting point to see what's available for programmatic work in NinjaScript.

Comment

Hello Bertrend,

I started getting familiarized with NinjaScript through NT7 help.

In my NinjaScript editor, I do not find the right click options 'Insert Action.....' and 'Insert Condition.....' as given in the NT7 Help file. My NT version is 7.0.1000.1

Please see the Red marked areas in the attached screen print.

I am surely missing something, but unable to make out. Please Help !

Thanks in advance.
                      murthymsr
                      Attached Files

Comment

The Insert code snippet explanation is found here - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...e_snippets.htm

For the Action and Condition Builder items borrowed from the wizard, please check this link -

You might also want to upgrade your NT7 to R2, which was released last week (Help > Download Site).

Comment

Thanks Bertrand, for the reply.

I feel that the condition builder is available for strategy only and not for the indicator. Please confirm.

I wish that it is available for indicator also, as it will make the coding for Market Analyzer Alerts easy.

I have now updated to 7.0.100.2.

Regards.
                          murthymsr

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion, yes you're right this is reserved for strategies only. For indicators you could use the 'insert snippets' feature still.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
                            11 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post cmtjoancolmenero  
                            Started by FrazMann, Today, 11:21 AM
                            0 responses
                            0 likes