DOM error message: Must set at least one parameter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DOM error message: Must set at least one parameter

Please forgive the silly noob question, but why does the DOM only show limit orders (I mean from the market order book, not those orders we place)? Why not show stop orders as well? I'm missing something fundamental, please help me understand--thanks!
    Last edited by JoshDance; 01-05-2011, 12:06 AM.

Hello JoshDance

Thank you for your note.

The SuperDOM should also be showing the Stop Market & Stop Limit orders. Please provide a screenshot of this issue to make sure I am understanding the question.

Thank you,
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sorry, I think I wasn't clear. This is a fundamental market question, not a bug in my setup. I couldn't find the answer by searching google.

The SuperDOM shows how many contracts are in the market at each price level. For the buy column, it shows the number of buy limit contracts placed for the 5 ticks at and below the bid, and for the sell column, it shows the number of sell limit contracts for the 5 ticks at and above the offer. How do stop orders fit into this picture? A buy stop would, for example, be above the market price on the buy column, and a sell stop would be below the market price in the sell column. Why are these not shown?

Comment

Hello

The Stop orders (Limit & Market) require an additional step – that price reaches a certain level prior to becoming a live limit or market order. Limit orders on the buy & sell sides (5 deep) are in fact live orders.

Additionally, these stop orders are not display since the are outside of the 5 levels of market depth supported by the SuperDOM window.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
        ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Let me know if this sounds reasonable. The status of a stop market order (let's take the stop limit order out of the equation) is "Accepted"--according the the help file this means the confirmation was received by the broker. A limit order is "Working"--this says the confirmation was received by the exchange. So, a "working" limit order is at the exchange, and thus viewable by everyone, but a stop order is merely at the broker, waiting to become a market order and then filled. Does that sound like a good reasoning of the difference?

Comment

Unfortunately market depth will only display 5 levels - 5 levels below the current market price on the buy side and 5 levels above the current market price on the sell side.

Market depth above the market price on the buy side and vice versa is not supported.

If an order receives an 'Accepted' or 'Working' status, it can reside at the broker or exchange.
            Note: This information is relevant for NinjaTrader 7 only. For NinjaTrader 8, please click here (https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/where_do_your_orders_reside_.htm). CQG Orders in a state "Accepted" or "Working" are at the exchange. If the exchange does not support a specific order type, the
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'll take that as a "yes," thank you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by FrancisMorro, Today, 03:24 AM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes
              Last Post FrancisMorro