Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart Problem with 10 Year Aussie Bond

Hi,

Following issue is currently on my table: I just switched to a solution with Kinetick as first connection (data provider) and IB as second connection (broker). This works fine for most of the market except those, which are not available through Kinetick but would be available within IB (e.g. 10Y Aussie Bond).

My assumption was that NT switches automatically to IB as second data provider if a request to Kinetick fails. But that does not seem to be the case, because I do not get a chart for the 10Y Aussie at all.

Before I had just a connection to IB and then I could create the chart for the 10Y Aussie. For other reason I need Kinetick. Any ideas on that?

Thx,
    Peter

Hello Peter,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please clarify whether you receive data if you disconnect from Kinetick and only connect to Interactive Brokers?

I need to know if you're still receiving data on an isolated IB connection.

I look forward to assisting you further.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Matthew,

Since I am in the process of testing my strategy in a paper trading account through IB, this is not really an option for me, because I need Kinetick for getting my entry orders on the US markets (see my other threads).

But, yes I tested this before I switched to Kinetick. I got the chart for the Aussie but I did not get any trades on daily bars (like for the US markets). Now the problem with US market is solved, because of the Kinetick datafeed, but I do not even get a chart for the Aussie....

Peter

Comment

Peter,

Can you please show me a screen shot of the Instrument settings you are using?

Please go to Tools--> Instrument Manager--> locate the instrument you are having issues with and select "Edit".

From the Instrument Editor, please take a screen shot of the Definition tab and the Misc tab and scroll down to the Symbol Map section so I can see the IB and Kinetick symbols you have configured.

To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CRTL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and attach this file to your next reply.

Comment

Here we go.... Aussie is of course only defined for IB since Kinetick does not provide this symbol...
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for that information.

Unfortunately, since this is a futures instrument, it will not default over from Kinetick to IB with Kinetick selected as your primary service.

In order to receive data for this instrument you will need to connect to IB as the primary connection.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by habeebft, Today, 07:27 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_ChristopherS  
            Started by AveryFlynn, Today, 04:57 AM
            1 response
            0 likes