Question On Auto Reverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question On Auto Reverse

I'm nearly a newbie on ATM strategies and just started looking into the auto reverse feature. Is it true that the auto reverse feature can only reverse the exact parameters of the ATM strategy at either the profit target or stop loss?

Hello

Thank you for your post.

Yes – you will first enable the Advanced Options in the SuperDOM Properties menu and then select ‘Rev at stop’. Since there are so many variations of ATM strategy parameters (auto trail, auto break even, etc.) you will want to test this setting using the Simulated Data Feed, set up you ATM strategies, and then practice with this feature to confirm it will function inline with expectations.

You can also reference this section from the NinjaTrader Hel Guide:

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Chip View Post
      Hello

Thank you for your post.

Yes – you will first enable the Advanced Options in the SuperDOM Properties menu and then select ‘Rev at stop’. Since there are so many variations of ATM strategy parameters (auto trail, auto break even, etc.) you will want to test this setting using the Simulated Data Feed, set up you ATM strategies, and then practice with this feature to confirm it will function inline with expectations.

You can also reference this section from the NinjaTrader Hel Guide:

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
      Thanks Chip. I guess my real question was whether or not the auto reverse feature would allow you any more flexibility than just "reversing" the ATM strategy? For example, let's say I set up a simple ATM which traded one contract, set an initial stop at 4 ticks and a profit target of 4 ticks. Would it be possible to set up an auto reverse where I could change either the number of contracts, the initial stop or profit target?

Comment

Hello maxreturn,

Auto Reverse simply reverses your position at either your Stop Loss or Profit Target. You can optionally enable "Reverse at stop" or "Reverse at target" with any ATM Strategy. The reverse ATM Strategy used will be the same as the position ATM Strategy you are reversing from. For the scenario you mentioned, this would be possible outside of the ATM auto-reverse function and require custom programming in NinjaScript.

I can supply additional resources for getting started with NinjaScript programming – just let me know.
        ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Chip View Post
          Hello maxreturn,

Auto Reverse simply reverses your position at either your Stop Loss or Profit Target. You can optionally enable "Reverse at stop" or "Reverse at target" with any ATM Strategy. The reverse ATM Strategy used will be the same as the position ATM Strategy you are reversing from. For the scenario you mentioned, this would be possible outside of the ATM auto-reverse function and require custom programming in NinjaScript.

I can supply additional resources for getting started with NinjaScript programming – just let me know.
          Hello Chip:

Can you give me idea on autoreversing in custom programming? For example I am on long then in the next bar there is a short signal. Now, what I want is to exit first the long position to the market price then after that submit a short order. I am using ATM templates on strategies, what I need is to exit the long/short position to the market price before entering new order at the market price also. Can you help me on these matter? I already tried using AtmStrategyClose(atmId); method and it is not good for me.
          Last edited by luxurious_04; 03-28-2011, 08:48 PM.

Comment

luxurious_04, this was already answered in I believe 2 other threads by you - you would either use the Close method or modify your targets to be taken out of the position (just a marketable limit order would be the quickest), then as this reports filled you could submit the order in the other direction.
            BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
            10 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Leafcutter  
            Started by Rapine Heihei, 04-23-2024, 07:51 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes