Understanding Commission Settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Understanding Commission Settings

I am attempting to run the simulator with $5 per RT commissions.

Here are the settings I have:

I also tried setting the minimum to $2.50 with the same results as below:

It isn't working out to $5 per round turn.

There are no commissions levels defined within the instruments themselves. What do I need to change?

Thanks.

Hi drmartell,

Thank you for your post.

Rather than define a commission level at 2.5/1, can you please remove that commission level, and for a 5.00 commission per round turn define a minimum commission of 2.50.

Since Apply Commissions is already configured when you trade with the Simulated Data Feed, or backtest then a 5 dollar commission per round turn should be implemented.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

OK now I have this:

placed another trade and essentially looks the same:

Comment

Hi,

The settings for commissions look correct, and the 2.50 per side, which is denoted based on individual entry and targets would indicate that 2.50 per side is being calculated.

However, if you select the Group Trades by ATM strategy and then view your Performance Reports does your commission calculate for the round trip cost, or just the individual side cost.

Comment

Here it is grouped by ATM.

The Performance Report, like the individual trades is showing only 1/2 the total commission amount intended.

Comment

Hi,

Regarding the multiple contracts can you please set your commission levels to 2.5/0, and a minimum commission of 2.5. I have attached a screenshot of the configuration which should enable a 2.5 commission per contract.
            Attached Files

Comment

Ok I've made the change you suggested, reset my database and restarted Ninja. The issue persists:

Comment

drmartell,

With the settings included in my last screenshots I am able to get a 2.50 commission per contract.

Can you please remove all commissions from your Tools-->Options-->Commissions, and then please close the Options window.

Please then close and reopen NinjaTrader and then repair the NinjaTrader database.
                Please follow the instructions below to repair the NinjaTrader database.
                • Disconnect NinjaTrader from any open connections via File > Disconnect
                • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Options
                • Select the "Data" tab
                • Press the "Repair DB" button
                • Press the "OK" button

After repairing the database please reset the instruments. To reset your instruments please: go to the Tools menu, select the Options menu item, select the Data tab, and then click on 'Reset Instruments'.

Once you have reset the instruments and repaired the database please create the same commission levels, 2.5/0, and a minimum commission of 2.5.

With those settings when I place a 4 contract trade on the TF what I see is a total commission of 10 dollars, or 2.50 per side, per contract.

If the issue persists can you please send an email to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and please reference this forum post and put ATTN Ryan O so that I can contact you directly.

Comment

Ryan, I am seeing totals of $10 too but just to make sure we are on the same page, 4 x $5 = $20. We should be seeing a total of $20 per closed 4 contact trade right?

Comment

drmartell,

No, we will only see 10 dollars per side, and then when the trades are closed will be another 10 dollars for that side, for a total of 20 dollars per trade.

However, if you wish it to be 5 dollars per side you can modify the commissions to be 5 for minimum, and a commission level of 5/0.

Comment

UPDATE:

Ryan was able to identify that the issue was I had correctly defined the commissions settings per his suggestion as $2.50 min and 2.5/0; however I had only done so for "Simulator".

Simulator only affects trades taken using the simulated data feed and not trades taken on 'sim' in general.

I also needed to set the commissions as above for my live data feed provider.

Comment

Hi drmartell,

Thank you for that clarification and glad that setting commissions for your real-time data provider resolved the issue.

Yes, since it is possible to perform simulated trading with real-time data from one of NinjaTrader's supported providers then defining the commissions for a particular provider would be necessary.

Comment

Data - Commissions

Thanks for this post. Helpful!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by Tim-c, Today, 03:54 AM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post Tim-c