Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to best copy NT settings to another computer

Hi,

I am currently moving NT from my laptop to my trading workstation. What is the easiest way to transfer all my user-defined settings (instruments, sessions, charts, etc.) to the trading workstation.

What I would like prevent is to make all the settings once again on the workstation.

Thx, Peter

Hello Peter,

You can transfer your settings and data using a backup file. Please create a backup file as per the instructions at the link below on your laptop.

Once NinjaTrader created a backup file, it is located at My Documents-->NinjaTrader Backup as .ntbk file.

Copy this file to the trading workstation at the exact same location; My Documents-->NinjaTrader Backup.

Start NinjaTrader and restore the backup file.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,

Thx worked out fine.

Now my next question: I had on my laptop 6 strategies running on my IB Paper Trading Account. When I try to enable those 6 strategies on my workstation I always do get the following error message in my log window:

Error on calling 'OnBarUpdate' method for strategy 'MacroStrategy/526a51c4622a43f0b69eb6416d83123e': Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.

What did I miss?

Best, Peter

Comment

Hello,

Can you please translate the error to english?

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Brett,

Sorry for the delay in my answer...
          My translation would be something like this: The object reference did not refer to an object instance.

thx, Peter

Comment

Hello,

This is a an error that means you tried accessing an object or a value that does not yet exist.

This is a programming error in the strategy which would require some debugging to find where the error code is.

The only obvious place to look to resolve this is the following, please insure you have this check in your code and that it is sufficient for the ammount of data back you are requesting in your code.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Hello,

In the process of transferring NT from my laptop to my trading workstation, everything works well except one little thing.

When I enable all currently active strategies within the strategy tab of the control center the output window tells me, that the Script code has run through, but the strategies do not show up in the charts. All necessary charts are open (on the laptop it is working).

Of course I could reopen all the windows an attach there for each chart the strategy once again, but I just would like to understand....Did I loose some link, reference by moving it from one computer to the other?

Peter

Comment

Peter, the link definitely could've been lost in the transition. The strategies will be exactly the same though with the same settings. You could always just re-create the strategies on the chart if you want the visuals. Please let us know if you have any other questions.
                AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok I added the strategies yesterday to the charts once again, seems to work.

Today the next problem: All 6 charts (3 US Bonds, 3 US Indices) I have currently open with the running strategies did not update it's daily bars. From the sessions templates I am using this should have happened at 14:20 for US Bonds and at 15:30 for US Interest Rates. To clarify the last bar I am currently seeing (16:36) are still from Friday (14.1).

Connection 1: Kinetick Real-time
                  Connection 2: IB

Again on the laptop this worked already fine over the last couple of days.

Comment

Hello,

Markets are closed today.

Comment

Attached the screenshot of the charts with missing bars for today
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Reposting in case you missed my response.

Hello,

Markets are closed today.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

I see...

But, when I start NT today on my Laptop with the same settings as on my workstation bars for the 17th of January (today) show up for the US markets.
                          If markets are closed no bars should show up on my workstation and my laptop, correct? Why the difference?

Comment

Hello,

There is a difference in either your time zone on your PC or laptop and the session template used that is causing this.

Most likely it is the time zone on the PC thats causing this.

Comment

No, for both are timezone and session template completely identical I just checked it.

But after restarting Ninja on my workstation I have now bars for 17th for all US markets as well.
                              So I am getting confused. What should the behaviour of Ninja be on closed market days like today?

And why this difference between a running Ninja (which did not produce bars for today) and a restarted Ninja (which did produce bars for today)? Should not make a difference, correct?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post DynamicTest  
                              Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post ScottWalsh