How to best copy NT settings to another computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,

With all this problems over the last couple of days, I checked my logfile today and found the following error message coming again and again: "Unable to load server side config file: The operation timed out."

However the Kinetick price connection seems to be ok (green).

This could be the reason for all my bar problems, correct? Could you please tell me, what I can do on this.

Thx

The following user had the same issue:

Hi,
    I am using NT 7.20 on Windows 7 and have recently changed my data provider to kinetick. I am running NT7 all week long and only rebooting at weekends, or when I am not in a trade.

I am finding that although the connection to kinetick is fine, market data for certain futures contracts will update for a while and then stop. For example, right now the prices of index futures contracts for Z 09-10, ES-09-10 have not updated since Friday - yet I am connected to kinetick.

Looking at the log (attached), there is an error message "Unable to load server side config file: The operation timed out." Could this be causing the problem?

The most frustrating thing is that apart from missing trades, if I reboot NT7 whilst I am long/short a market, the strategies reset to being 'flat' and don't exit the market even if I am still in a position. Is there a way to avoid this please?

Many thanks in advance,

David
    Last edited by unter821; 01-18-2011, 03:08 AM.

Comment

Hello,

Sorry for the delay in my response. Very busy around here.

Yes you issues of the bar problem is not this error but simply when data was loaded. On the live connection that was connected all the time the day bars where correct as NinjaTrader was not receiving live data it did not plot any.

On the connection that you started up on that loaded todays daily bar as historical data. What time zone are you located in as it looks like possibly this daily bar is being downloaded for yesterday but due to your time zone is being converted to display as the next day due to your data feeds providers time stamp is what this sounds like.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by f.saeidi, Today, 08:01 PM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 likes
      Last Post f.saeidi  
      Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 07:51 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes