Utlimate expressions Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Utlimate expressions Problem

I recently attempted to load this indicator http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ht=expressions

I mistakingly entered an extra character in symbol field. so I removed everything docs>NT7>bin>custom

1.Ninjatrader.Ultimate.Expression.Database
    2.Ninjatrader.Ultimate.Expression.dll

After removing NT7 would not compile scripts. After undeleting 1 and 2 compiling
    again works, however now when I use strategy builder if i edit a condition for anything
    I get an error window " Expression1: Instrument name 'ES## - ##$' does not refer to a valid Ninjatrader instrument."

Just looking for a way to remove this, ty

Hello,

From here: After removing NT7 would not compile scripts.

What do you specifically mean by this. What does it do? What is the error?

Comment

Hey Brett,

After removing the mentioned files, I get the following errors.

So you see if I remove UE, I cannot compile ANYTHING. If I undelete I get what I mentioned in original post. ty
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader compiles all indicators and strategies- not just one.

Open NinjaTrader
        From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
        Select an indicator and double click on it.
        A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
        At the bottom of the window a new section will appear were you can find the error locations.
        From there you have the option to remove the indicator or debug it.

Let me know what errors are listed here or take a screenshot. To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CRTL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Comment

Ok but I get the same error as the 2nd screenshot I just sent you. It does not show
          any ninjascript file location?

Comment

Hello,

You need to open a indicator or strategy that your not using the strategy wizard on. So it opens the code view. It is there you will see the error.

Thanks.

Comment

Again I think we have a mis communication here, I will attach the screenshot again.
              I get this message after BOTH compiling in strategy builder or by compiling ANY
              indicator. This happens after I remove Ultimate expressions.

I removed everything docs>NT7>bin>custom

1.Ninjatrader.Ultimate.Expression.Database
              2.Ninjatrader.Ultimate.Expression.dll
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

No miscommunication. This screenshot is exactly what I asked and needed to assist Thanks for posting.

Please right click on the window you took the screenshot of and then select references. Now remove this file that is erroring out here.

The reason this is occuring is you did not remove this assembly the correct way.

Correct way to remove is through Control Center->File->remove NinjaScript assembly. in the future.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Thanks Brett,

BTW I said miscommunication because THERE ARE 2 screenshots from last Friday and the one posted today is the same one as #2. see ya

Comment

Hello,

Yes, gotcha. Its a very small screenshot and I must have missed it. Apologize this is what I needed to help all along Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by FrazMann, Today, 11:21 AM
                    0 responses
                    1 view
                    0 likes
                    Last Post FrazMann  
                    Started by geddyisodin, Yesterday, 05:20 AM
                    8 responses
                    0 likes