Market Replay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Replay

Hello. I've installed N7 7 and I'm trying to record the sessions. In 'Options/Data' I've marked 'Record for market replay' and in 'NinjaTrader 7\db\data' it creates directories with the dates, but with a size of 100 K's more or less (the .ntm files).

When I try to replay the session it doesn't show data. Can you help me?

Thanks for all.

Hello alibanez,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please confirm you have this market replay data available by right mouse clicking within your Market Replay Controller and selecting "Available Instruments". If this data is available please confirm you have the correct date and time displayed within the Market Replay Controller window for the time you are attempting to replay as referenced in the attached screen shot.

If you are attempting to replay data outside exchange hours please right mouse click within your chart-->Data Series-->Session Template-->Set to either "Default 24/5" or "Default 24/7"--> Click Ok.

Please let me know if the issue persists after this procedure.
    Attached Files
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok. I'll try next monday session and I'll tell you if it works. Thank you very much.

Comment

Hello. I've tried that you tell me and it's possible that I do something wrong because it doesn't work. I've put the 'session template' in 'default 24/7' and when I try to replay I cannot. I attach a word document with the image that the window shows. What can I do?

Thanks
        Attached Files

Comment

Can you please confirm you have the Market Replay Controller date and time showing in the Market Replay Controller Title bar for the data you have. If not please move the slider to reflect the correct date and time. Once you have selected the date and time please be sure the seconds are counting down after clicking Play and you are receiving data within the Orders tab for ES 03-11.

Comment

I think I haven't the data. As you can see in the file attached in the before post it seems that it record until 6:00 AM. All days it seems to record until 6:00 AM but I don't know why.

Comment

Hello alibanez,

The market replay recorder only works if you have are retrieving data during the recording session. Are you recording with an ES chart or market analyzer active?

Recording Data
              Once Record for market replay is enabled (see the "How to enable the Market Replay recorder" section above for how to enable), data is recorded for any instrument in any NinjaTrader window that is receiving live market data. Level II (market depth) data is only recorded if a Level II, SuperDOM, or FX Pro window is open and receiving data for the instrument. The Market Analyzer window is the recommended recording window as multiple instruments can be added to one Market Analyzer window and all recorded at the same time.
              Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello another time. I'm testing and I've been seeing two things:

- The tool records, but when I try to replay only works if there are two files, one .ntm and anothe .nt2, I don't know why.
                - It always stops to record at 6:00 AM. Then if I want to record the next day I must to stop connecction and to connect another time.

When I connect to Zen-Fire I open two windows: 1 chart of 1 minute ant 1 SuperDom. Then it records but, as I told you before, It not always works in the replay moment. Some idea?. Thanks

Comment

That is correct you must disconnect and reconnct in order to create the new Market Replay day.

The file .ntm will be Level I data and .nt2 will be level II data that is recorded.

Within NinjaTrader 7 you may also download data from NinjaTrader servers for Futures and Forex under File-->Utilities-->Download Replay Data as apposed to recording live data.

You may download NinjaTrader 7 on the same PC as 6.5. NinjaTrader 7 will be a seperate installation and will not erase or affect NinjaTrader 6.5 at all however keep in mind you may only have on instance of NinjaTrader running at a time.

I have provided a link below where you may download NinjaTrader 7.

I have also provided a link below to our Support Forum that goes over what can and cannot be migrated from NinjaTrader 6.5 to 7.
                  Contains critical information including but not limited to migration, installation, connections and changes.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over Downloading Market Replay Data within NinjaTrader 7.

Comment

Ok. It works perfectly. Thank you very much.

Comment

No problem at all, glad to help out.

Have a great day and Happy Trading!

Comment

Replay hours

Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding market replay. I tried to download replay data with NT7, but the replay starts at 15:30. This deforms my indicators, such as EMA, which ignores the market before 15:30 and gets a wrong direction. Is it possible to download 24h data, or are there only "trading hours" data on the server?

Comment

I got it, problem solved

Comment

Hi ChristopherJ,

I'm having an issue with the afternoon session of HSI on the HKFE.

I run the HSI chart daily (for about 20 days now, have record data replay select in options) which is open for both sessions but only the morning session is available for replay.

Session manager is spot on for times so I'm not recording out of exchange hours.

You mentioned above that you need to start and stop the broker connection for new replay days...is this also required for different sessions on the same day?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jmtoll View Post
                              Hi ChristopherJ,

I'm having an issue with the afternoon session of HSI on the HKFE.

I run the HSI chart daily (for about 20 days now, have record data replay select in options) which is open for both sessions but only the morning session is available for replay.

Session manager is spot on for times so I'm not recording out of exchange hours.

You mentioned above that you need to start and stop the broker connection for new replay days...is this also required for different sessions on the same day?

Thanks
                              Yes you may record different sessions in the same day and the reconnect will only need to occur after midnight your local time to create the new day.

When replaying the data are you receiving data within the Orders tab? Also if you right mouse click within the Market Replay Controller window and select Available Instruments do you see this data as available for these times?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post wzgy0920  
                              Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
                              5 responses
                              0 likes