what is Kinetick symbol for silver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is Kinetick symbol for silver?

i typed in SI but that chart shows silver to be at $116 when it is trading between 28-19 the past two days.
    thanks

Hello

Thank you for your post.

Please see the attached screenshots for SI symbol settings and make sure these agree. You will want to make sure you are viewing the front-month contact.

Please let me know if this does not resolve the issue.
    Attached Files
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks,
      mysettings agree with what you posted but I see I chose the SI Stock which is for Siemans (SI) NYSE - the chart shows a a close at 116.26.

i rechose SI COMEX whose symbol is SI 03-11 and its chart is blank

im not sure what you mean by front month contract - I am looking at the furthest to the right chart
      Last edited by Cowboy; 01-09-2011, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Hello

By front-month I was just referring to the current SI contract. You have it set at 03-11 which is correct.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
        ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks Chip for the clarification.
          so how come no chart ticks appear - I just get a page with nothing on it (only dates at the botom)

Comment

Hello Cowboy,

Can you please tell us if you connect to the free Kinetick EOD (end of day) feed or did you purchase a Kinetick subscription? Please note that the free EOD feed supports historical daily data only - it does not provide historical tick data.

If you type an instrument symbol in a chart, it will always refer to a stock instrument. If you like to plot the SI futures instrument, please change the instrument in the Data Series menu.
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Can you please tell us if you connect to the free Kinetick EOD (end of day) feed or did you purchase a Kinetick subscription? Please note that the free EOD feed supports historical daily data only - it does not provide historical tick data.
              EOD. Im looking for end of day charts where I see the open/hi/lo/closing price each day. Other charts I open eg, AAPL, shows this. But SI03-11 is the graph with a blank screen. I dont know why the info doesnt appear.

If you type an instrument symbol in a chart, it will always refer to a stock instrument. If you like to plot the SI futures instrument, please change the instrument in the Data Series menu.
              I am using SI03-11 the COMEX choice - the others say stock or nothing.

Thanks for a great software & for your assistance

Comment

Hello,

Please insure its a daily chart, Also please insure that it says SI 03-11 in the top left hand corner of the chart.

If this is the case plaese email me at support at ninjatrader dot com.attn: brett.

Thank You.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
                4 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post DynamicTest  
                Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
                4 responses
                0 likes