Resizing Candlesticks/Bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resizing Candlesticks/Bars

I am using NT7 and some multi data series charts. When I resize the charts by dragging the x axis (time), the bars resize also. This is particularly problematic because I have to go in and reset each data series in the chart. When I save the workspace and close it and reopen it, it will not stay adjusted to the same % as where I left it and I have to adjust it again, and reset the candle width on each series again.

How do I set the bar width to stay locked to the chart size (zoom)?

Lock in narrow bar width...

Trade From My Recliner.....

Try this perhaps....from a chart set to max compression using CTRL Up, expand your chart with CTRL Down 6 to 7 levels or so...then go to your Data Series and set the bar width to 1 in each data series. This should lock in the bar width of 1 as you expand and contract now...

Thanks...

Comment

compression levels

Thanks Alfred. Is there a way I can see on a chart what compression level it is set to? i.e. you said
      CTRL Up, expand your chart with CTRL Down 6 to 7 levels
      , can I just look at a chart and see what level it is set at so I can go to each of my other charts and set them the same?

Comment

I don't know if there is a way to see what compression level you are at other than by just experimenting a bit...to limit bar width, I always go to max compression...then expand 6-7 levels and set Bar width to 1...this locks in Bar width to 1 up to that level for me...

Once you have expanded to 7 levels...if you have wide bars then...try hitting Alt Up....to shrink Bar width to 1 at that level...that also seems to lock in that bar width for all levels up to level 7....bar wdith will then somewhat slowly increase beyond level 7 if you then expand further....

Maybe set your default chart template bar width in this manner...then any new chart you create wll have the narrow width locked in....also lock in bar width on all of your other chart templates...

Thanks....
        Last edited by Alfred; 01-09-2011, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post helpwanted  
        Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Brevo