IB Connection/ Market Data Isses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IB Connection/ Market Data Isses

I cannot load charts in ninja trader using my IB account. I am connected but the data feed seems to be hanging up. Please advise

Hello coolriverjoe,

Can you please ensure the lower left corner of the NinjaTrader Control Center states 'Connected' in green.

What instruments do you have selected in these charts?

Please note that historical tick data is not supported with IB, so any tick based charts will not load any historical data.

Do you experience any error messages? If so, please tell me what they state.

Please try the following. Restart NinjaTrader and close all charts and other windows except the Control Center.

Go to Control Center-->File-->Workspaces and check what workspaces are listed below 'Save Workspace As'. The workspace with the checkmark is the workspace opened on your monitor. Any additional workspaces listed, are opened in the background.

Select a workspace without a checkmark and subsequently go to File-->Workspaces-->Close Workspace. Repeat this process until only one workspace is opened with only the Control Center.

Subsequently connect to IB and create brand new charts. Let me know if they remain on 'Loading data..'.

If so, how much historical data is requested in the charts and how much indicators are applied?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jason,

This is the error message I get after a while from the loading data blank chart...
      Attached Files

Comment

Please see my response I sent you by email below.

Can you please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Instrument Manager. Highlight the AAPL and click Edit. Make sure the Nasdaq exchange is enabled besides the Default exchange. Click Ok.

Remove and re-add the AAPL from your instrument list.
        http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt7/instrument_lists.htm

Subsequently create a new chart for the AAPL and check if the requested historical data is loaded.

If not, please try a restart of NinjaTrader and create a new AAPL chart once more.

Comment

Jason,

Do I have to enter in either NYSE or Nasdq for each stock I want to chart?

Joe

Comment

If you cannot load historical data by default, please enable the exchange the stock is actually traded on.

Comment

How do I load the historical data by default?

Comment

Jason,

I load ROVI as you requested. On the chart, it stats the price is 59.98 and the actual price is trading around 60.25. It is not up to date. This only occurs in ROVI and MLM.

Comment

If you experience the error you reported, please assign the exchange the stock is actually ttraded on.

Where in NinjaTrader do you see a price of 59.98?

What price is listed if you select the ROVI in the Control Center-->Orders-tab?

Comment

Jason,

On the chart, the price is not live streaming. Its shows the price when the stock is loading on the chart and does not refreash automatically... What am I missing?

Comment

Can you please tell me what session template is selected in the Data Series menu of your chart? Likely, 'Session template' is set to <Use instrument settings>.

Please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Instrument Manager, highight the instrument in question and click Edit. You can now view what session template is used.

Subsequently go to Control Center-->Tools-->Session Manager. You can now see what times are used by the session template.

If you select the 'Default 24/7' session template in the Data Series menu, it does not exclude time and you will receive real-time data if available.

Comment

I have default 24/7 selected. I have noticed in my positions tab. That ABV, ROVI, and MLM do not show a value for PnL. They are also the stocks that do not show a real-time price in the charts that I have been asking about. I have enclosed a screen shot.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Can you please close the current charts and open up new ones for the instruments you do not receive real-time data.

Am I correct you receive real-time data in the Control Center-->Orders-tab?

Comment

I am only getting real time quotes for some of the stocks but I repeatedly have to enter in a exchange. ROVI does not work in the orders window, ABV does not work,

Comment

Can you please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Instrument Manager. Highlight the instruments in question and click Edit (one at a time). Enable the additional exchange and click OK.

Once you performed this for all three instruments, restart NinjaTrader.

Please check if you receive real-time data for these three instruments once re-connected.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                              Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes