Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT7: How do I get all my futures data? And No Time and Sales?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT7: How do I get all my futures data? And No Time and Sales?

I have IQ feed with futures data. How do I get NT to show me all hours of future trading? Also When I click on a Time and Sales window I get ZERO time and sales data. All I get at the top is bid and ask. This is useless. How do I get time and sales. My time and sales is working for other platforms. Am I missing a setting somewhere? I don't even see weekend trading for ES.

Hello olingerc,

Please select the 'Default 24/7' session template in the Data Series menu of your chart to load all available data.

Can you please tell me to what data feed you are connected to in NinjaTrader. Please tell me what instrument you have selected in the Time and Sales window as well.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have IQ feed for my data feed and I am trying to view ES. I am getting some of the information but not all of it. I think it is something to do with my feed. I will contact DTN and see what is up.

Comment

I confirmed with IQ that I do have a futures subscription. I have up to data feed with market depth for futures. In NT I am not seeing a time and sales at all. In another software that I have I am seeing a time and sales.

Comment

Can you please make sure you have the ES 03-11 selected and not a previous expiry month.

What version of NinjaTrader do you have installed? You can check this at Control Center-->Help-->About.

Please send me your IQFeed login credentials so I can test it on my end. Please send it to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com, reference this forum thread and put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header.

Comment

I am using 7.0.1000.2 version. Some time and sales do pop up. Just not a bunch every second like it should. The correct instrument is selected. I see the bid and ask and volume change every second but zero time and sales.

Comment

Can you please right click in the Time and Sales window and select 'Properties'. Check if no 'tranparent' color is used.

If the issue remains, can you please send me your IQFeed login credentials so I can test it on my end.

Comment

Grr I figured it out. The size default was set to 100. With futures there is rarely anything above 100. I should have noticed this. For some reason NT has a hard time remembering settings and default settings. For instance I can save a chart template to view at 500 ticks. I can then try to open up a new chart select that template and it does not bring it up in 500 ticks. It brings it up in 150 as default. I even save the default to 500 ticks and it always brings it up at 150.

Comment

I see, good to hear you found the cause of the issue.

Unfortunately, Period-->Type/Value is not saved in a chart template. You can save a Period Value per Period Type. Once you setup the Period Type/Value you like, please right click in the grid and select 'Set Default For XXXX Period Type. The Period Value will be saved as per the Period Type. So each time you select the Period Type, it will automatically reflect the Period Value you saved.

Comment

Ok. If it does not save period size on exit then there should at least be a ticks tab. Where it says the number of ticks on the chart clicking on it only reveals minutes 1, 2, 3, 5 min daily so on and so forth. There should be a list of ticks there 50, 100, 250, 500, 1000, 3000 or something like that. That would be ideal.

Comment

I will forward your inquiry to support tick intervals in the drop down menu of the chart to Development to put it on the list of future considerations of the software. Thank you for your feedback.

Comment

Please note that you can quickly switch to a tick interval by typing 50T, 100T, 250T and so on. More information can be found at the link below under 'How to change a Data Series'.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
                        0 responses
                        1 view
                        0 likes
                        Last Post CortexZenUSA  
                        Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
                        0 responses